Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Searching for a distillery

All your whisky related questions answered here.

Searching for a distillery

Postby MAC » Fri Nov 29, 2002 10:34 pm

I have dreamt for some time now that I would have my “own” bottling of 12-15 yrs old malt whisky in my 50 years birthday party in 2017. Does anyone know if there are any distilleries that would take orders for less than a whole barrel (e.g. a box = 12 bottles)?
MAC

Postby Ileach » Tue Dec 03, 2002 8:39 pm

I've heard that Springbank do small editions - at least they did so for the Whiskyship in Zurich, though that was 180 bottles.

maybe you could just buy some bottles and re-label them ;-)

another thought: I believe Glenfiddich does a personalised label.
Ileach

Postby Gate » Wed Dec 04, 2002 11:58 am

Springbank certainly did do personal casks within the last two-three years, including "small wood" of 50 and 100 litres (I have a cask set aside for my son to be bottled for his 18th or 21st depending on maturation - hope he grows up to like whisky and lets his old man have the odd dram Image ), but even once the angels have had their share, that's still going to come out at anything from 40 bottles upwards depending on whether you have it bottled at cask strength or not. For part casks bottled when they think it's time rather than owning your own cask, I think Inver House might be doing something. I also dimly recall a cask whisky outfit which buys casks on a more-or-less co-operative basis, but I have no idea how reliable they are/were.
Gate
Silver Member

Return to Questions & Answers

Whisky gift and present finder