Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Glenfiddich 'Revamp'

All your whisky related questions answered here.

Glenfiddich 'Revamp'

Postby alfie_g » Fri Nov 29, 2002 3:38 pm

I am currently studying Graphic Design at Salford University, my latest brief is to totally re-design the Glenfiddich image, for a younger audience. The new design range if strong enough will possibly be taken into production. I am writing to ask for suggestions to make the Glenfiddich brand appeal to a younger audience. The specifications include - to develop a new desirable and stylish whisky drink packaging format, that will introduce a younger audience(25- 35 year olds)... to the Glenfiddich experience. Any suggestions please contact me at richardgarnett@hotmail.com or leave a message on the board. thank you!!!
alfie_g

Postby Aidan » Fri Nov 29, 2002 5:06 pm

I think over elaborate labels, such as the Jameson Gold or the Chivas, are a bit stuffy. The nicest bottles are ones like the Talisker. Very simple but classy. I''m not expert, though.
Aidan
Cask Strength Gold Member

Postby Nic Rhodes » Fri Nov 29, 2002 8:16 pm

Have a look at the Signatory Port Finish Port Ellens, modern and contempory.
Nic Rhodes
Bronze Member

Postby Jeroen Kloppenburg » Fri Nov 29, 2002 9:59 pm

The new Glenfarclas (sp?) with the flowers are on a much more modern look to then the "traditional" packaging and labels.
Jeroen Kloppenburg
Silver Member

Postby yorkie » Sat Nov 30, 2002 9:53 am

Hi, No pictures of twee pagoda roofs, no "script" style lettering or old style fonts. No romantic prose on the waters being filtered over sheep droppings on the lonely mountain of "Ben something or other" and no history lessons on the lable.

Bright colours on plain white ground and simple text along the lines The name: THE Glenfiddich. and the age a simple 10 or 15 or 20.

Good luck
yorkie

Postby alfie_g » Sat Nov 30, 2002 4:12 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Aidan:
I think over elaborate labels, such as the Jameson Gold or the Chivas, are a bit stuffy. The nicest bottles are ones like the Talisker. Very simple but classy. I''m not expert, though.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
alfie_g

Postby alfie_g » Sat Nov 30, 2002 4:12 pm

~Cheers mate!!!
alfie_g

Postby Nic Rhodes » Sun Dec 01, 2002 11:24 am

would you post a summary and perhaps some piccies when you are finished?
Nic Rhodes
Bronze Member

Postby alfie_g » Sun Dec 01, 2002 12:58 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nic Rhodes:
would you post a summary and perhaps some piccies when you are finished?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeeah definitely mate! you can actually look at the brief at (http://www.glenfiddich.com/studentawards)
alfie_g

Postby Gate » Wed Dec 04, 2002 6:40 pm

Whatever you do with the rest of the packaging, I'd recommend keeping the triangular bottle. In fact, you could work on the traingular theme and do a tie-up with Toblerone - G&T single malt chocolate nougat liqueur. Or perhaps not. Eeuw.
Gate
Silver Member

Postby Frank D.Scott » Thu Dec 05, 2002 3:21 pm

I would keep the triangular bottle but I would offer it in a cobalt blue bottle with a silver label and neck ring.I would also change the name to Grants "Valley of the Deer" Single Malt.Most people can never pronounce the Glenfiddich name properly anyway.I think younger people would find the bottle eye catching.
Frank D.Scott

Postby alfie_g » Fri Dec 06, 2002 3:34 pm

I like the sound of that cheers i'll look into it... why 'grants' though is there any relevance? im not an expert on whisky! but isnt there a whisky already called that?
alfie_g

Postby Frank D.Scott » Mon Dec 09, 2002 12:55 am

Wm Grants owns Glenfiddich.Grants does have a blend under the Grants name but,it does not bottle a single malt under the Grants name as far as I know anyway.Remember that Famous Grouse put out a malt under the The Famous Grouse name.I would put this new product out a wee bit younger say 8 to 10 and make it priced right for the younger market.
Frank D.Scott

Postby alfie_g » Mon Dec 09, 2002 1:28 pm

cheers mate...
alfie_g

Return to Questions & Answers

Whisky gift and present finder