Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

New Years ( Whisky )Resolution?

All your whisky related questions answered here.

New Years ( Whisky )Resolution?

Postby Rudolph Hucker » Thu Dec 19, 2002 3:40 pm

For 2003 I resolve to try one new whisky a month.

That is any whisky I have not had before and will include malt, blends, bourbon and anything else that has whisky (or whiskey)
on the label.

And to demonstrate my self-control(!) if I get to Whisky Live in London in March, I will only count one of the whiskies I try there!

What's your New Year Whisky resolution?

Cheers

Rudolph
Rudolph Hucker
Silver Member

Postby Ize » Fri Dec 20, 2002 7:38 am

My whisky resolution for the coming year is that I will sample Bruichladdichs (10, 15 and 17 yo) and then try to focus on other than Islay whiskies. After that I sit down and start to wait for 9 years to pass by and to get my hands on first Octomore and Port Charlotte bottles. Image

Kippis,
Ize
Ize
Silver Member

Postby hpulley » Fri Dec 20, 2002 7:31 pm

I have to decide whether or not to go only with try before I buy. Last year I told myself I'd only buy those I could try first but there were some out which I couldn't try anywhere so I had to buy them and hope they were good. This usually turned out well, but not always. Still, my luck at tasting&buying parties wasn't any better as I got a few which I enjoyed at a tasting but which turned out to be less than stellar the next time I tried them. There is only so much money for scotch in my wallet so I have to be selective!

Harry
hpulley
Triple Gold Member

Return to Questions & Answers

Whisky gift and present finder