Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

where can i get crawfords 5 star?!?

All your whisky related questions answered here.

where can i get crawfords 5 star?!?

Postby adrienne » Fri Dec 20, 2002 8:22 pm

My dad is a major whiskey drinker, and he mentioned that for his 65th he'd like to get hold of as much crawfords 5 star as possible. When holidaying in scotland "back in the day" he'd been given some from under the counter to try and he's not been able to come anywhere close in taste since. The whole family want to get in on the present, and buy as much as possible for his pensioners birthday this year. I have been searching the net for 6 months pulling in favours and have just been recommended you guys, who might be able to help.

I know it's export only, but I can still order from abroad or pick up if from Europe, someone must know something. Please help, it would make an old(ish) man very happy and we could at last taste the damm stuff rather than just hearing about it every year!

Please help. thanks Adi
adrienne

Postby Torodd » Fri Dec 20, 2002 10:17 pm

Crawfords can be obtained from Sainsbury, Safeway and Co-op. I also believe Oddbins can help out. Try the whisky shops in Edinburgh if not lucky with the supermarkets.

I believe I bought a bottle of this stuff from Sainsbury (now Co-op) in Balloch, Dunbartonshire six years ago. I had just moved to Scotland from Norway....
Check out the Co-op in Helensburgh. Their phone number is 01436 678121.

Good luck and a happy Christmas.
Torodd

Return to Questions & Answers

Whisky gift and present finder