Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Experience with The Whisky Exchange?

All your whisky related questions answered here.

Experience with The Whisky Exchange?

Postby r0b » Fri Dec 20, 2002 12:00 am

I am wondering if any non-UK residents have bought anything from The Whisky Exchange, and what you think about them. I am about to place an order and I must say it's a bit uncomfortable (big money for me involved).
Especially since they do not have a secure server and I have never heard anyone talk about them.

Happy holidays!
r0b
Bronze Member

Postby bolena » Fri Dec 20, 2002 12:48 am

Hi r0b
I have had three deliveries to Sweden from The Whisky Exchange. All without any problem!
Like yourself I am a bit uncomfortable to display credid card number on a unsafe server.
I placed my order on the web a called them up the next day for my credit card details. All worked fine!
And they got a huge list to select from.
Only positive experiences from my side.
Slainte and Happy holidays!
bolena

Postby Deactivated Member » Fri Dec 20, 2002 3:20 pm

Hi rOb,

I did some business too with The Whisky Exchange, and it was quite a big shipment, but no trouble at all. Once they something on stock, they send it over right away...

Erik
Deactivated Member

Postby lexkraai » Fri Dec 20, 2002 3:31 pm

Hi r0b

I'm living in the UK, so closer to where they are physically, but I must say that whenever I've ordered something from them, service and reliability have always been top-notch.

Cheers, Lex
lexkraai
Silver Member

Postby Rudolph Hucker » Fri Dec 20, 2002 4:07 pm

Admittedly, rOb, there are very few people in this world you can rely on, but Sukhindar Singh at the Whisky Exchange is certainly one of them!

cheers

Rudolph
Rudolph Hucker
Silver Member

Postby Ileach » Fri Dec 20, 2002 10:33 pm

I couldn't agree more:

I live in Switzerland and I have just received my Mac Replica 1841 from TWE plus some other bottles and I am very happy with TWE's service.

They really make sure the bottles arrive safely - well packaged.

I can only recommend them.

Ileach

BTW: Loch Fyne is absolutely reliable too.
Ileach

Postby blackkeno » Sun Dec 22, 2002 8:58 am

I have placed several orders and received them all in the expected time frames with nothing damaged or seized. Because of our unusual federal vs state by state rules, we have had some challenges with the couriers.

TWE has an incredible list and have helped me find some rare malts I had almost despaired of ever tasting. I love them.
blackkeno
Bronze Member

Postby r0b » Sun Dec 29, 2002 11:43 pm

Many thanks! Image
r0b
Bronze Member

Postby anna zigure » Mon Dec 30, 2002 4:22 pm

Sukhindar from whisky exchange can be relied upon his word is his bond
love
Anna Zigure
anna zigure

Postby Jeroen Kloppenburg » Tue Dec 31, 2002 7:43 pm

As soeone who regurally has professional interest in webdesign, I can asure you, doing creditcard sanctions over the internet from a unsecure webserver is asking for problems.

*always* check the the "lock" bottom right on your browser window is closed, and that the adress in the URL field starts with https:// instead of the normal http://

This has nothing to do with the sincerity of the owners of the website, they might be 100% trust worthy, but it has everything to do with the fact your creditcard details are moving over the Internet un-encrypted. And it is *really* easy to intercept those, and then abuse them.

If the server is save, online buying is save though, I regurally buy stuff online, and as long as you know the other site is a trustworthy compagny, and the connection is secure (lock closed, and a https:// url), you are save.
Jeroen Kloppenburg
Silver Member

Postby redlich » Thu Jan 02, 2003 10:30 am

I have placed many orders at thewhiskyexchange (from Denmark) without any problems at all, fast delivery, good wrapping, good service and not to forget good prizes Image... I'm very satisfied Image
As for encrypting the transaction, there is alot much much easier ways to get them than to trying to rip them on the fly, what is more important, do they have a secure database ?
Or you could just go around the local shopping center finding some reciepts with all the info on you need.
SSL or other encryptions are good for transfering confidential data, but your creditcard number is not confidential....

Slainthe Image
redlich

Return to Questions & Answers

Whisky gift and present finder