Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

EH10

All your whisky related questions answered here.

EH10

Postby Gate » Fri Jan 31, 2003 12:17 am

I have heard tell that Glenmorangie plc are behind a new blend of ten whiskies all of ten years old, named after the postcode for Morningside. This sounds to me like it might in effect be a premium version of Bailie Nicol Jarvie (one of my favourites), so I am out to get my hands on a bottle asap. But in the meantime, does anyone out there know anything more than the above?
Gate
Silver Member

Postby Iain » Fri Jan 31, 2003 10:13 am

I believe it will be sold through supermarket chains initially - I think I saw the name Tesco, but someone else may know better.
Iain
Double Gold Member

Postby westcoastboy » Fri Jan 31, 2003 5:55 pm

Gents,

Personally I'd rather have a PA46, maybe a PA42, and certainly an IV47. This is a cracking after dinner game that could run and run !

I hope not !
westcoastboy

Postby Gate » Sat Feb 08, 2003 10:18 pm

Well, I located it in Sainsbury's - almost didn't buy it because the marketing blurb on the carton was so sick-making. It's the same price as BNJ, and some similarities, but EH10 is very light, both in colour and body, and very dry (I prefer BNJ). A pleasant salty finish - it tastes like Pulteney and Knockando might be 2 of the 10. Pre-dinner, instead of fino sherry. This is possibly the least smoky/peaty Scotch I have ever tasted: not much use to a Lag 16 fan.
Gate
Silver Member

Return to Questions & Answers

Whisky gift and present finder