Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Lagavulin MIA?

All your whisky related questions answered here.

Lagavulin MIA?

Postby Scooter » Fri Feb 14, 2003 3:08 pm

I've heard some discomforting rumours regarding Lagavulin 16yr SM in particular. One of them is they've been unavailible from wholesale stores for the wee shops to sell here in NY anyway for a few monthes. The reason, I'm told, is b/c it's two fold: 1) Lagavulin isrunning low, and 2) the distillary is changing the bottle's size either from 750ml to liter (which is fine w/ me Image ) or from 750ml to smaller (bad, very bad Image ). I've the sizing part go both ways here. I'm looking for anybody who has something to add to that or at least correct and nullify these rumours. THANKS!

Scooter
Scooter

Postby jonno » Sun Feb 16, 2003 12:36 pm

The rumour I heard was that there simply isn't enough stock as no-one predicted how well it would sell and therefore didn't distill enough.... However there seems to be enough of the 'Distillers Edition'(more expensive) about in the UK so maybe someone is getting greedy!!!
jonno

Postby Scooter » Tue Feb 18, 2003 2:57 pm

If Lagavulin distillary is running low, then I would think you're right... someone's very lucky. That malt is one to find and hoard and at costs. Here in the US the 16yr is running about $45 a bottle. Highly worth it, according to many I know who enjoy the 16Yr. Thanks for your feedback!

Scooter
Scooter

Return to Questions & Answers

Whisky gift and present finder