Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Source for japanese whisky...?

All your whisky related questions answered here.

Source for japanese whisky...?

Postby Pelle » Sat Mar 08, 2003 8:55 pm

Hi! Does anyone know a good online web-shop that sells japanese whisky? I know only of one ( www.thewhiskystore.de ).
Any tips?
Pelle

Postby Wormtub » Tue Mar 11, 2003 12:26 am

Ben Nevis Distillery is owned by Nikka and is a good source for Nikka single malts when they have them. Try the 'Straight from the Barrel' when they have it its quite a suprise

Keith
Wormtub

Postby Pelle » Tue Mar 11, 2003 12:54 am

Do they have an online shop?
Pelle

Postby Gate » Tue Mar 11, 2003 3:22 pm

Pelle, I don't know where you're based, but La Maison du Whisky has a pretty good selection of Japanese whiskies available online at www.whisky.fr and will ship to a wide range of destinations, certainly anywhere in the EU. Last time I looked, they had a full range of Nikka malts and blends, including the "Nikka Whisky From the Barrel", which really did come as a surprise to me (i.e. surprised at how good it was - cask-strength unchillfiltered blended whisky!).
Gate
Silver Member

Postby Gate » Tue Mar 11, 2003 3:23 pm

Pelle, I don't know where you're based, but La Maison du Whisky has a pretty good selection of Japanese whiskies available online at www.whisky.fr and will ship to a wide range of destinations, certainly anywhere in the EU. Last time I looked, they had a full range of Nikka malts and blends, including the "Nikka Whisky From the Barrel", which really did come as a surprise to me (i.e. surprised at how good it was - cask-strength unchillfiltered blended whisky!).
Gate
Silver Member

Postby Gate » Wed Mar 12, 2003 3:07 pm

Whoops! Didn't mean to send that twice. Could the forum leader delete the repeat (and this one)?
Gate
Silver Member

Postby Pelle » Wed Mar 12, 2003 5:30 pm

Good site! A little fiddly in french though. Anyone know what the shipping charge is within the EU? I live in Sweden by the way..
Pelle

Postby Gate » Thu Mar 13, 2003 5:08 pm

The site will work out the shipping costs if you place the order and then go to the "panier" section and enter "Suede" under "destination" and then click "re-calculer". Seems to come to 62 euros for 5 bottles of Aberfeldy (not that I was actually going to buy 5 bottles of Aberfeldy...) - quite expensive compared to shipping to the UK, but I suppose it has further to go.
Gate
Silver Member

Postby Gate » Thu Mar 13, 2003 5:08 pm

The site will work out the shipping costs if you place the order and then go to the "panier" section and enter "Suede" under "destination" and then click "re-calculer". Seems to come to 62 euros for 5 bottles of Aberfeldy (not that I was actually going to buy 5 bottles of Aberfeldy...) - quite expensive compared to shipping to the UK, but I suppose it has further to go.
Gate
Silver Member

Return to Questions & Answers

Whisky gift and present finder