Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Unusual Macallan

All your whisky related questions answered here.

Unusual Macallan

Postby Admiral » Sun May 11, 2003 7:58 am

Went to a friend's house last night who had just returned from overseas. When coming back into our country (Australia) he popped into the duty free at the airport and picked up a Macallan "Elegancia".

The label described this as being distilled in 1990, bottled in 2002, and from a selection of both Oloroso and Fino casks.

I'd never heard of this bottling before. Can anyone provide information or comments on it?
Admiral
Triple Gold Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Sun May 11, 2003 8:07 am

Hi Admiral,

The Macallan "Elegancia" has been launched now, for over a year. It was specially designed for the Duty Free market. However due to the parallel market, you may find this product in shops aswell. It's a nice vintage, and a lovely mixture between a sherry sweetnes, lots of vanilla, and some lovely spices. It's something completely different, then the other Macallan's.

Erik
Deactivated Member

Postby westcoastboy » Sun May 11, 2003 9:06 pm

Thanks Erik - after some time away from this list I'm glad to see that your colours haven't changed !!!!!!!
westcoastboy

Postby Rudolph Hucker » Tue May 13, 2003 12:55 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by westcoastboy:
Thanks Erik - after some time away from this list I'm glad to see that your colours haven't changed !!!!!!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, westcoastboy, you know exactly where you are with Erik.

I am sure that if you cut him, he would bleed pure Macallan

Cheers

Rudolph
Rudolph Hucker
Silver Member

Return to Questions & Answers

Whisky gift and present finder