Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

"Neil's Dram"

All your whisky related questions answered here.

"Neil's Dram"

Postby Deactivated Member » Mon Jan 08, 2001 4:40 pm

To All Readers,

I'm one of the lucky owners of having a few bottles of Neil's Dram. Neil Cameron distillery manager of the Glenturret distillery made a remarkeble dram two years ago. I would like to know if any of you also where that lucky, to purchase a few bottles, I must say that it was a limited stock, there where only 150 of them. I would realy like to share some comment with the owners. If you are curious by now you can also find it in the Michael Jacksons Whisky Companion 2000 edition, by The Glenturret Distillery.
Hope to hear from some of you....

Slainte,

Erik
Deactivated Member

Postby Hans » Thu Jan 11, 2001 10:37 am

I have just learnt from my reading that whiskey must be three years old before you can drink it. Can you explain how this whiskey can only be made two years ago ? What is the effect if you drink this young whiskey that is not real ?

Hans
Hans

Postby Deactivated Member » Thu Jan 11, 2001 3:59 pm

Hans,

What Erik actually means is that the whisky was bottled two years ago. He doesn't actually tell us the age of the bottling but we can be certain that is was older than 5 years old.

Whisky must be aged at least three years in most countries in the world before it can be called whisky.

Regards,

David
Deactivated Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Thu Jan 11, 2001 7:00 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hans:
<B>I have just learnt from my reading that whiskey must be three years old before you can drink it. Can you explain how this whiskey can only be made two years ago ? What is the effect if you drink this young whiskey that is not real ?

Hans</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hans,

I didn't mentioned an age, because it's a single maried malt, made out of several Glenturret Vintages

Regards,

Erik
Deactivated Member

Postby Tim » Thu Jan 11, 2001 9:24 pm

Huurman..

Can't wait to hear your review, I was lucky enough to acquire a bottle of Glenlivet Vintage 1969 also bottled in 1998... Still trying to make up an occasion worth opening it though... Enjoy!
Tim

Return to Questions & Answers

Whisky gift and present finder