Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

MaCallan Prices

All your whisky related questions answered here.

MaCallan Prices

Postby Nic Rhodes » Sat May 31, 2003 5:46 pm

As a fan of MaCallan I popped into their on line shop to look for some more whisky and it is getting impossible to get through ordinary suppliers at the moment. The had all I was interested in

18 yr £68
25 yr £185
30 yr £295

are they serious?

At this rate they will piss off all their fans / collectors. I wouldnt like to have a collection of Macallan for 'investment' nowdays, looks like they are killing that market dead. Image
Nic Rhodes
Bronze Member

Postby r0b » Sat May 31, 2003 7:07 pm

It seems Macallan has been extraordinarily expensive for quite some time. But is this not a trend generally these days? UDV comes to mind...
r0b
Bronze Member

Postby Rudy » Sat May 31, 2003 9:09 pm

Hello Nic, rOb,

unfortunately, as a consumer, I made similar remarks in this forum.

Unfortunately because I'd happily be proven wrong on this issue, but you have a similar feelings about prices of whiskies.

As I mentioned before, I do hope that the whisky industry do not scare too many people off with their price strategy and that we all can enjoy our favourite drams paying the prices that are acceptable to all parties involved.

Rudy.

PS: (forgot to say) Nic, here on mainland Europe the price level can be somewhat better than you experienced, like e.g. http://www.thewhiskystore.de/preise/pr_high_ht.htm
I'm not affiliated to them, it's just to get an idea.

[This message has been edited by Rudy (edited 31 May 2003).]
Rudy
Bronze Member

Return to Questions & Answers

Whisky gift and present finder