Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

its rather bold of me...

All your whisky related questions answered here.

its rather bold of me...

Postby coltrane » Fri May 30, 2003 5:51 am

... but what beers do you like as well as whisk(e)y? There's a beer by an American brewing company that I have yet to beat as far as sheer tastiness! That is Anderson Vally "Boont" Amber Ale! It has some SERIOUS ripe berry notes on the nose, the palate, and the finish. It is a supremely tastey beer! Do you have any beers you would like to suggest? Sorry if I'm overstepping my bounds here. I figure whisk(e)y lovers would also love a good beer, but i could be wrong.
coltrane

Postby coltrane » Fri May 30, 2003 5:56 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by coltrane:
... but what beers do you like as well as whisk(e)y? There's a beer by an American brewing company that I have yet to beat as far as sheer tastiness! That is Anderson Vally "Boont" Amber Ale! It has some SERIOUS ripe berry notes on the nose, the palate, and the finish. It is a supremely tastey beer! Do you have any beers you would like to suggest? Sorry if I'm overstepping my bounds here. I figure whisk(e)y lovers would also love a good beer, but i could be wrong.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

it's important to note that the same brewing company makes some "E.S.B." that is supposed to be some of the best beer known to man! Unfortunately, they don't carry it in my rural section on Pennsylvania, USA! I might special order it because i heard from a number of sources that it is FANTASTIC! Please get back to me, because i'm always up for trying new beer (as well as whiskey)!

So you know, my whiskey preferences *(which are limited by price) include Johnny Walker Black Label, for blended scotch, and I alsoo love Genlivet 12 y.o. for single malt!
coltrane

Postby Aidan » Fri May 30, 2003 4:21 pm

I am a big fan of German, Belgian and Czech beers. Augistiner, made in Munich, might be my favourate, although Leffe, Hoegarten, Budvar... are also delicious.
Aidan
Cask Strength Gold Member

Postby Catchfire » Sun Jun 01, 2003 1:19 am

Here in Québec, Canada, we have some of the best breweries in North America. If you can find it, try the St. Ambroise Oatmeal Stout from McAuslan Brewery, it is positively stunning. The St Ambroise Pale Ale is very good as well...

Also, Unibroue is another incredible brewery with a large range of excellent, strong beers. Try Maudite (It means 'cursed' in French, and it's also a curse itself) or Le Fin du Monde...both are facinatingly complex, spicy and fiery.
Catchfire

Return to Questions & Answers

Whisky gift and present finder