Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

where to buy

All your whisky related questions answered here.

Cenferfold Posters

Postby St.Peat » Fri Sep 13, 2002 10:12 am

Now that we have seen a cask offer fixed insert in WM25 we know that a pull out poster would fit too.

Anyone want to get a new pull-out poster in each issue of WM?

Cheers!

(TOPIC should read 'Centerfold Posters'.)

[This message has been edited by St.Peat (edited 13 September 2002).]
St.Peat
Bronze Member

Postby Gate » Fri Sep 13, 2002 1:25 pm

Bare naked whisky with no caramel! The paps of Jura! Seriously, though, there have been some fantastic pictures of distilleries and surroundings in Whisky Magazine, which would make fine posters.
Gate
Silver Member

Postby St.Peat » Fri Sep 13, 2002 10:26 pm

Right, you are, Gate!

WM25, page 49, bottom right photo taken by John Lamond inside the St Andrews bar ... now, there is a pretty shot. Great light, and great atmosphere. I'm always pleasantly surprised when I see such nice shots taken by the authors in the field. Congratulations Marcin, and team, for publishing their photos and not always relying on stock supply. Image

Cheers!
St.Peat
Bronze Member

Postby Gate » Sun Sep 15, 2002 2:01 pm

On a slightly different tack (and at the risk of sounding like a total anorak), I would really enjoy a poster of selected stills, all reproduced to the same scale so you could really see the difference side-by-side between the Edradour stills, say, and those from Springbank, Macallan, Glenmorangie, wherever. A bit like those posters of dinosaurs from the Natural History Museum, really. Springbankosaurus Rex? Lochdhuus horribilis?
Gate
Silver Member

Postby lexkraai » Tue Sep 17, 2002 11:46 am

Hi Gate

Such a poster already exists; Horst and Thea Luening (http://www.thewhiskystore.de) sell it.

Cheers, Lex
lexkraai
Silver Member

Postby Gate » Tue Sep 17, 2002 12:15 pm

Brilliant! Thanks, Lex.
Gate
Silver Member

where to buy

Postby nthorpe » Sun Sep 22, 2002 10:32 pm

where's the best place in the uk to buy quality whisky?
nthorpe

Postby Gate » Mon Sep 23, 2002 9:14 am

For Scotch, I think Loch Fyne Whiskies is hard to beat (although Gordon and MacPhail have a great shop too). For sheer variety (scotch, bourbon, Canadian, Japanese, Irish, whatever), Milroys of Soho is my favourite. For straight from the cask whisky, Cadenheads in Edinburgh or London is brilliant, as is the Scotch Malt Whisky Society (although you have to be a member to get their stuff). Having said all that, I still buy a lot of my stuff from Oddbins...
Gate
Silver Member

Postby Rudolph Hucker » Mon Sep 23, 2002 10:58 am

In Edinburgh Royal Mile Whiskies is first class, and if you are lucky enough to get to Pitlochry, you are really spoiled for choice with 2 quite different but both excellent retailers - the Whisky Shop and Robertson's.

If you want to buy via the net, I have always found the Whisky Exchange to be really good

Cheers

Rudolph
Rudolph Hucker
Silver Member

Postby Ize » Tue Sep 24, 2002 10:19 am

If one buys via Net Whisky Store in Germany is the place (at least for me Image). Cheaper prices than in UK btw. Image

Kippis,
Ize
Ize
Silver Member

Return to Questions & Answers

Whisky gift and present finder