Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Bottled History by Ian MacIlwain

Are you looking for a rare book or would you like to review what you are reading?

Bottled History by Ian MacIlwain

Postby jmrl » Wed May 06, 2009 8:45 pm

Whisky and art/photography don't often get published as a collaboration so this book is a welcome addition to the list of titles. Don't expect the usual shots of gleaming still and Strathisla's Pamela Anderson like pagodas though. The author has an eye for the darker corners of the industry going where tour guides fear to tread. Broken and rusty machines are captured alongside disused areas of famous stills.
The images are complimented by quotes from past distillery employees reminiscing of the way things were.
jmrl
Gold Member

Re: Bottled History by Ian MacIlwain

Postby corbuso » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:24 pm

jmrl wrote:Whisky and art/photography don't often get published as a collaboration so this book is a welcome addition to the list of titles. Don't expect the usual shots of gleaming still and Strathisla's Pamela Anderson like pagodas though. The author has an eye for the darker corners of the industry going where tour guides fear to tread. Broken and rusty machines are captured alongside disused areas of famous stills.
The images are complimented by quotes from past distillery employees reminiscing of the way things were.

I have bought this book (and reviewed it http://www.whisky-news.com/En/literature5.html) and I can only wholeheartedly recommend this book.
Hopefully, a n°2 will be published in the future

Corbuso
corbuso
Gold Member

Re: Bottled History by Ian MacIlwain

Postby Caledonia » Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:14 am

I also am going to buy this book,

its an impressive collection of photo's of the whisky industry, particularly each process ...

Its also fun to guess the location of each photo (before reading the back few pages)
Caledonia
Bronze Member

Return to Whisky Books

Whisky gift and present finder