Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Malt Project DVD

Are you looking for a rare book or would you like to review what you are reading?

Malt Project DVD

Postby oscomjack » Wed Dec 17, 2003 8:12 pm

Although not a book, we want to call attention to our series of DVDs "The malt Project". Volume One was released in May and is 2 DVD issue on The distilleries of Islay. Volume two will be ut in January and is the 2003 islay Malt & Music Festivals with many extras. visit our site: http://www.maltproject.com
oscomjack

Postby JimHall » Sun Apr 17, 2005 8:28 pm

Seems a bit pricey.... can we negotiate a price.
JimHall
Bronze Member

Postby oscomjack » Sun Apr 17, 2005 8:37 pm

We now have 4 volumes; each 2 DVD or about 3 hours plus per set. In over 1000 sales --no one has complained about cost. In fact we habve had nothing but rave reviews! Save by buying a group package!
jack
oscomjack

Postby JimHall » Sun Apr 17, 2005 10:00 pm

Thanks for your speedy reply.
I'm not complaining.
Just because people have'nt complained doesn't mean that they did nt think it was expensive.
How much are you doing all four for then ?
I would love to be able to give you a rave review as well .... but $35 for 2 DVD s does seem expensive.
JimHall
Bronze Member

Postby oscomjack » Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:30 am

I know it seems high but a normal full length movies runs abot 24 dollars US and higher in UK> for a special audience DVD that is twicve as long and liited distribution, this is pretty standard. if you go to http://www.maltproject/live you can get a discount for whisky live attendees! slainte. :lol:
oscomjack

Postby Virginia Gentleman » Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:49 am

I have all four volumes and I love them. It is worth the price IMO.
Virginia Gentleman
Silver Member

Postby oscomjack » Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:10 pm

Nice to hear that The malt Project is being received well. You sould all know that Volume % "The Spirit of Speyside Festival" DVD will be released April 5th.

and, we have plan for Vol 6 The Distilliers of the Islands & Campbeltown due at the end of the year.
oscomjack

Postby Virginia Gentleman » Sun Mar 19, 2006 3:46 am

oscomjack wrote:Nice to hear that The malt Project is being received well. You sould all know that Volume % "The Spirit of Speyside Festival" DVD will be released April 5th.

and, we have plan for Vol 6 The Distilliers of the Islands & Campbeltown due at the end of the year.

Great. I look forward to the new volumes.
Virginia Gentleman
Silver Member

Postby scoobypl » Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:06 am

Having ordered the first of the series, (which is very good...very well made, and without a doubt the best looking 'viewable' account of Islay, it's whisky's and it's men. I mean that I have yet to see a DVD or video about whisky that looks as professional as this)... right when it came out...I deceided to wait for the rest of the series and buy it 'in bulk'...which is what I did...butt that meant that I had to buy the first DVD all over again and ended up with two copies (one has found a home with a good friend of mine :wink: )... so, when I received an invitation to give my remarks, I did. I asked if it would be possible to maybe allow customers to order the DVD's, but 'assemble' the order themselves, as to avoid having double copies.
Seems for some technical reason, this is not possible...however, the very customer-friendly guys at "the Malt Project" proposed to compensate me by sending me a FREE copy of the 'speyside festival'-DVD (that was the one volume that I did not owe)... and they duly delivered! :mrgreen:

Now, In my book this is super service! :mrgreen:
Maybe the DVD's seem to be a bit expensive, but remember, these are professionally (not the amateuristic looking things one sees otherwise)made DVD's, on a relatively non commercial subject. On top of that, most episodes contain 2 DVD's... I think they are very good value for money! :!:

The only minor downside is that the real 'anoraks' 8) among us, may know most of what is said, so, as a 'learning' experience they have their limitations, but being so well made, with the enthousiasm apparent in every episode...they always make me smile, and make me wanna go back to Scotland over and over again, and -most importantly- for some strange reason 8) they always make me wanna poor me a dram! :wink:

I am a very satisfied customer, and I think these guys deserve all the 'accolades' they can get!

Paul
scoobypl

Postby SpiritofShetland » Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:36 am

I've only got the Speyside ones. Smashing stuff.

The only problem is of course the acute longing for Scotland the DVD's create.

And of course the two silly Norwegians who keep poping up all over the place. Always nice to have your proposal on DVD for the whole world to see.
SpiritofShetland
Silver Member

Postby jimidrammer » Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:46 pm

I just ordered the whole set of 5. It shouldn't take too long to receive, as I'm just a couple States over. :wink: Maybe they will tide me over until I can make the trip in person. I'm shooting for an 2008 vacation. Maybe it will coincide with the new Ardbeg 10 release :o It would be nice if it was ready for the Islay festival with a special bottling.
jimidrammer
Gold Member

The Malt Project DVDs

Postby Mad Mac » Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:54 am

I have the Islay, Highland/Lowland, and Speyside DVDs. They are all good - clearly produced by people who know and love their subject. My one complaint is that after each segment you are returned to the main menu - there is no "play all" option. This isn't so bad on the Speyside disks, where the segments are fairly long, but it is very annoying on the shorter segments where you find yourself "arrowing down" to the next distillery every few minutes or so. It's enough to give you carpal tunnel syndrome.

I have written to the Malt Project website a few times to enquire about this, but each time I get a bounce-back saying the message is undeliverable - very frustrating.

Mac
Mad Mac

Re: Malt Project DVD

Postby mikey » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:11 am

Does anyone know if this project is still alive? Volume 6 hasn't come out for about a year after it was scheduled, and no e-mail contact can be made with the site.
mikey

Postby lohssanami » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:14 am

I was able to contact Todd Rainsberger, Cameraman/Producer, and he said they are discussing another volume to be shot this spring. I'm not sure about any delays since it was said earlier in this thread that Vol. 6 was due out at the end of '06', but I'm sure we'll get an update soon.

I informed him of the email being bounced back due to inactivity, and I can only hope that he'll forward this to those that can take care of any inquiries.

Cheers...
lohssanami
Double Gold Member

Postby oscomjack » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:29 pm

We're still hoping to have Vol 6 (THe Islands and more Speyside by Spring 08. Delays happen. But keep waiting. It'll be worth it. Visit Scotych Blog and look for story on volume 6 (On the road with malt project). :angel:
oscomjack

Postby lohssanami » Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:58 am

Thanks for the update, and keep up the good work!
lohssanami
Double Gold Member

Postby SeaWind » Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:47 pm

...On The Last week i bought the first DVD on The Malt Project website.
Who can describe me something about it and how many time thinks to spent to arrive in Italy?
Many thanks for help and... Slainte!
SeaWind

Postby oscomjack » Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:27 pm

We ship first class air mail. It should be in Italy in about 5-7 days. Thanks for the good words.

BTW, Vol 6 - Coastal & Islands is currently in post production. Look for it in May 08
oscomjack

Postby mikeymad » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:29 pm

I will have to take a look at the clips (when I get home), and see if it is something I really need (It looks like I might). I like beverage media.

Cheers,
mikeymad
Cask Strength Gold Member

Postby Sternes8 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:54 am

I have all four volumes and I love them. It is worth the price IMO. :P
Sternes8

Return to Whisky Books

Whisky gift and present finder