Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

The Scotch Whisky Book by Tom Bruce-Gardyne

Are you looking for a rare book or would you like to review what you are reading?

The Scotch Whisky Book by Tom Bruce-Gardyne

Postby Lawrence » Tue Feb 17, 2004 6:58 pm

Has anybody read "The Scotch Whisky Book by Tom Bruce-Gardyne"? I recently purchased it for GBP10 and it is an excellent book with lots of excellent photos to go along with a very informative text. The funny thing is that it was published in 2002 and I completely missed it because the cover is almost identical to a couple of other whisky books that I have in my collection. It is available from Amazon UK.
Lawrence
Matured cask

AM READING IT NOW

Postby Deactivated Member » Wed Feb 18, 2004 2:32 pm

What a co-incidence. I'm half way through it now.

In truth, a colourful book with some great photography and distillery history. A bit more about the malts themselves would have been nice, although I quite like the 'mini guide' at the back.
Deactivated Member

Re: The Scotch Whisky Book by Tom Bruce-Gardyne

Postby Deactivated Member » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:38 pm

I picked this up late last year from a charity shop for 50p. An absolute bargain! I think it will take me some time to fully read it.

I think I saw another copy in the window of another charity shop so I would suggest keeping an eye out for it as there are obviously quite a few that could be picked up for next to nothing lying around.
Deactivated Member

Postby corbuso » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:13 pm

butephoto wrote:I picked this up late last year from a charity shop for 50p. An absolute bargain! I think it will take me some time to fully read it.

I think I saw another copy in the window of another charity shop so I would suggest keeping an eye out for it as there are obviously quite a few that could be picked up for next to nothing lying around.

I bought mine 3-4 Years ago in Oban and enjoyed this book very much. It is very informative, well made and worth a read. The last book of M. Jackson is better (or at least more general) and with superb illustrations, but the price tag is considerably higher.
corbuso
Gold Member

Postby jmrl » Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:42 pm

For £10 this is a bargain. But if you've got a book that outlines the history and production of whisky and gives moderate description of each malt distillery's story then there isn't much different in this one outside of the price.
jmrl
Gold Member

Postby Klas » Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:59 pm

I bought a copy in Scotland 2003. I think I paid around 10 GBP for it. I especially like the images of old whisky adverts in the beginning of the book.
Klas
Silver Member

Return to Whisky Books

Whisky gift and present finder