Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

The World Atlas of Whisky by Dave Broom

Are you looking for a rare book or would you like to review what you are reading?

The World Atlas of Whisky by Dave Broom

Postby Vatted Frank » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:00 am

I received this book for Christmas as a gift from my spouse.Thank you dear!The book has amazing photos,well written and researched. I am putting in an hour or so a night savoring each page until my evening dram runs dry. It's hard to hold this book and drink at the same time. But Dave,tasting notes for the "new make" of each whisky? This is first time I have ever seen this in any whisky book and I have over 150. How can we argue with you? Are you sticking your tongue out at us Dave? I have and you can't? I'm jealous Dave. I loved the production process of the various whiskies, easy to follow. This has got to be a 8 to 10 bottle read for me.But,I'm no complaining. Great job Dave.I'll comment further in a couple of months when I'm half way through.This book is like an old whisky you will want to savor.
Vatted Frank

Re: The World Atlas of Whisky by Dave Broom

Postby jmrl » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:06 pm

I too got this for Christmas alongside Dominic Roskrow's Best Whiskies, unfortunately I mislaid Dave's and have had to start my reading with Dominic's, it will be interesting to compare the two offerings. I suspect Dominic's is aimed at the less experienced and perhaps Dave's at the more informed drinker. What fun.
jmrl
Gold Member

Postby Fi-Wi » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:08 pm

I bought this book one month ago an have been enjoying it every time I read part of it (having 2 kids aged 2 and 4 running around is fun but doesn't help finding any spare time). The illustrations blow me away since I am a (landscape) photo addict!

I recommend this book to anyone, no matter how many whisky books you already have.
Fi-Wi

Postby AshDLS » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:55 am

I'll throw in a few more good words for this book! Bought it for myself as a Christmas present, haven't really had much of a chance to read it properly but it looks mighty impressive from flicking through some pages.
AshDLS

Postby MoreDalmore » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:23 pm

I also purchased this book and already love the stunning photographs in it! :D

Of course I already browsed through it but really looking forward to delve much deeper into it.

For instance in the Where Next? item at the end of ( almost ) each tasting note.
MoreDalmore
Bronze Member

Postby jazz lover » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:39 pm

Just purchased today. :D
jazz lover
Double Gold Member

Postby pkt77242 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:27 pm

Got a copy of this for my birthday and I am looking forward to reading it. :iwbrnt:
pkt77242
Matured cask

Postby rashidbm2000 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:16 pm

hi its very important.its gift for my mother brithday. i love it
rashidbm2000

Postby The Third Dram » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:12 pm

pkt77242 wrote:Got a copy of this for my birthday...

'Great minds' think alike. :wink:
Barely three days in my library, and this one's already seen considerable reading time. Just an invaluable addition to any whisky lover's collection. The depth of knowledge inherent in the text is obvious at every turn of the page.
The Third Dram
Triple Gold Member

Return to Whisky Books

Whisky gift and present finder