Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

The Complete Guide to Whiskey by Jim Murray Published 1997

Are you looking for a rare book or would you like to review what you are reading?

The Complete Guide to Whiskey by Jim Murray Published 1997

Postby Lawrence » Tue May 11, 2004 4:53 pm

"The Complete Guide to Whiskey" "Selecting, Comparing, and Drinking the World's Great Whiskeys" by Jim Murray published 1997, ISBN 1-57243-151-2.

Has any body read this book? It's not the, now pay attention, "Jim Murray's Complete Book of Whisky, The Definitive Guide to the Whiskies of the World" also published in 1997 ISBN 1-85868-184-7 or 1-85868-386-6.

The Complete Guide to Whiskey (note the "e") is a really neat little book that covers whiskies from all over the world but is also a snap shot of the rise of single malts. I have quite a few books on scotch and always missed this one because of the similar title to the larger "coffee table" definative guide. It's sort of like MJ's companion on turbo, 256 pages of packed info. Also it describes malts which were only available in the 8 year old version and talks about the great improvement in Aberlour in the last few years, for example. There are a number of copies on ebay right now for the massive sum of US$7.99
Lawrence
Matured cask

Postby Admiral » Wed May 19, 2004 1:18 am

Yes, I have a copy.

It's good reading...particularly to read his thoughts & opinions on what was happening in the whisky world at the time....he speaks of rumours and pending new releases which have since come to fruition or have been marketed.
Admiral
Triple Gold Member

Murray's Complete Guide to Whisky

Postby Eightball » Thu May 20, 2004 3:10 pm

I have a copy as well. It was the first whisky book I ever bought. I like how he describes each distillery like you are really there with him.
Eightball

Return to Whisky Books

Whisky gift and present finder