Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Instant Experts Guide to Single Malt Scotch - Kevin Erskine

Are you looking for a rare book or would you like to review what you are reading?

Instant Experts Guide to Single Malt Scotch - Kevin Erskine

Postby ScotchBlog » Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:12 pm

I wanted to let everyone know about my book "The Instant Expert's Guide to Single Malt Scotch" - a book written as an introduction for the Scotch whisky novice.

From one of the reviews:

"Scotch whisky is seeing something of a renaissance these days, but there's no place to go for someone with an interest in trying single malt scotch. The author has taken years of experience giving tastings to novices and teaching bar & restaurant staff, and distilled it down into a slim volume. There is no extraneous information here - just what a new scotch drinker needs to get up to speed with all of the basic essentials. Enjoy!"

John Glaser, Compass Box
"It's a great book. Straightforward, concise, matter-of-fact, no BS. Excellent. A book much needed for Scotch whisky."

Liquor Snob
"The Instant Expert's Guide to Single Malt Scotch is well-written, painstakingly researched, and comes from a true love of scotch."

Tony Dirksen, RadioWhisky
"Kevin has a fresh and pinpoint perspective that warrants your attention. Believe me, it's the best single introduction to our favorite subject that I've ever seen."

If you know someone who is just getting into Scotch, I think my book may be perfect for them.

The book is available through Barnes & Noble.com and Amazon (and Amazon UK, France, Germany, etc - though only in English.)

I also write "The Scotch Blog" http://www.thescotchblog.com Check it out.

Thanks!
ScotchBlog
Bronze Member

Postby Lawrence » Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:29 pm

On the way from Amazon, thank for the heads up.
Lawrence
Matured cask

Postby MGillespie » Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:56 pm

My copy arrived today, and I recommended it on the new episode of WhiskyCast as an ideal Christmas gift for the Scotch lover...or someone you'd like to turn into a Scotch lover...

Mark
MGillespie
Double Gold Member

Return to Whisky Books

Whisky gift and present finder