Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

"ENJOYING MALT WHISKY - FIRST REFILL EDITION" : PAR CALDENBY

Are you looking for a rare book or would you like to review what you are reading?

"ENJOYING MALT WHISKY - FIRST REFILL EDITION" : PAR CALDENBY

Postby Deactivated Member » Mon Dec 24, 2007 6:07 pm

Got this from Royal Mile Whiskies a couple of weeks ago.

Although I'm only about 50 pages in, it already ranks amongst my top 5 whisky books ever.

An extremely detailed, but easy to read, section on the whisky making process. I've learned loads from what I've read of this section so far.

Then, all the usual - sections on publications, visiting distilleries, organising tastings.

And, of course, a big distillery section - background on each location, scored (realistically) tasting notes on certain bottlings, etc.

Finally, one thing that I really like (although others will doubtless consider it dangerous generalisation). That is an explanation of each distillery's "house style".

Not heaving with pictures. But those that there are are top notch. Love the "Angel's Share - a somewhat scantily clad female angel atop some casks.

Well done Par. This revised edition is top notch.
Deactivated Member

Re: "ENJOYING MALT WHISKY - FIRST REFILL EDITION" : PAR CALDENBY

Postby Deactivated Member » Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:12 pm

I'm still reading this (a few pages a day) and am thoroughly enjoying it still. The distillery section is excellent and the selective tasting notes refreshingly honest and unbiased.
Deactivated Member

Return to Whisky Books

Whisky gift and present finder