Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

"Appreciating Whisky - Phillip Hills" - out of print?

Are you looking for a rare book or would you like to review what you are reading?

"Appreciating Whisky - Phillip Hills" - out of print?

Postby harry » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:59 pm

Hello,

I'm looking for a (new) copy of this book, can anyone please direct me to an online seller or bookstore I could contact by phone?
It appears to be out of print, unavailable (at a reasonable price) on ebay, Amazon, Play etc..
Failing this, can anyone who has a good collection of Whisky books please recommend the closest alternative?

Thank you!
harry

Re: "Appreciating Whisky - Phillip Hills" - out of print?

Postby Lawrence » Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:06 am

http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/BookDet ... D0%26y%3D0

Try this link, they have two copies for US$64. There is one more for $250 via this site and then one for $177 on ebay so the $64 price looks pretty good.

Lawrence
Lawrence
Matured cask

Re: "Appreciating Whisky - Phillip Hills" - out of print?

Postby pmullin » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:35 am

This book was at the top of the list when I asked our local whisky guru about what he thought was the best book on whisky. He was kind enough to lend me his copy, and after reading it, I certainly second his recommendation.

Now, down to the matter of getting a copy of this book... used.addall.com is a great meta-search for used books. It does a combined search of Abebooks, Alibris and many other used book sites. It also has a great feature called "Saved Searches" that saves you from having to type in the search parameters each time you check back for a book.

Anyway, by using this feature I was able to eventually snag a softcover copy of Appreciating Whisky for US$20 + shipping. I suggest that you create a saved search and check every couple days.

Ideally, this excellent book will be reprinted, or even better, a new edition will be issued.
pmullin
Bronze Member

Return to Whisky Books

Whisky gift and present finder