Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Still Crazy - Islay Whisky Festival 2002 video

Are you looking for a rare book or would you like to review what you are reading?

Still Crazy - Islay Whisky Festival 2002 video

Postby Jeroen Kloppenburg » Sat Nov 16, 2002 12:04 pm

Hey All,

It is not exactely a book, but since it is listed in WM this month I thought and gave you my opinion on this video I received yesterday.

In all honoustly, if you think about buying it, then dont. Up to 60% of the video's audio is of such poor quality that you can not understand anything that is being said. The camera man simply followed distillery tours with a consumer DV camera, shooting bits and pieces which are then editted togheter in a very amateuristic way.

It is very clear the person who produced this tape is not a professional in the video production field. The use of a tripod is lacking in any shot, the choice of shots, framing, scene order and other basic video techniques are all absent in a highly disturbing manner. The audio has not been recorded seperately, and all other basic errors you expect from a home video enthousiast.

The price, in my opinion, gives expectation of a professionally made video. Ten Brittish pounds is not soemthing you expect to pay for a poorly shot and editted video, of which the best you get is a few nice shots of the beautiful surroundings.

I know I am critical becuase my work is also in this field, videoproduction. And, if possible, I would love to give some time helping out in a future edition of this video tape, becuase I am sure lots of whisky enthousiasts would love to have a video of this event they can watch as a reminder of the great times they had on Islay, or to see what they have been missing out on at the festival by absence.
Jeroen Kloppenburg
Silver Member

Return to Whisky Books

Whisky gift and present finder