Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

New Glencadam 25 years Old

News and announcements from the Whisky Magazine team

New Glencadam 25 years Old

Postby Rob Allanson » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:19 pm

This just landed in my intray....something to look forward to in the first half of the new year...

Glencadam Distillery is pleased to announce the release of a limited edition of Glencadam Highland Single Malt aged 25 years.

This rare release has been bottled in an attractive clear glass square decanter and is presented in an elegant gift box. The whisky was distilled on the 22nd of April1983 and has matured ever since in Sherry cask number 1002. This cask was selected for the exceptional quality of the mature malt whisky therein. Bottled on December 5th 2008 at 46% ABV, unchillfiltered, and without added colouring, only 300 bottles were produced and each bottle has been individually numbered. The bottle label also records the cask number and the date of distillation and bottling.

Duncan Baldwin, Brand Development Director at Glencadam Distillery commented:
“Not surprisingly, the colour of the whisky is deep amber reflecting the rich colour tones that come from maturation in Sherry wood. The nose reveals assertive Sherry notes with a raisiny sweetness but with some spicy vigour. The palate is round, rich, mature and nutty with good sweetness and spice balance.”

Customers will be limited in how many bottles they can purchase and it is expected that consumers will pay in the region of £149 per bottle in UK retail outlets and around €175 per bottle in mainstream Western European countries. Glencadam 25 years old Single Cask, Highland Single Malt will be available in the UK and key markets in Europe from January 5th 2009.
Rob Allanson
Editor

Re: New Glencadam 25 years Old

Postby badgerbrown » Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:28 pm

Cheers Rob. Always good to hear of new releases coming onto the market. This one sounds particularly good.
badgerbrown

Postby Willie JJ » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:56 am

I'd love a bottle of this, but I think its too much money for me.
Willie JJ
Cask Strength Gold Member

Postby LagaDrinker » Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:12 am

Sounds nice, I haven't tried any from Glencadam before, need to get a cheaper offering to try first me thinks
LagaDrinker
Gold Member

Postby Willie JJ » Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:12 pm

There's a 15yo OB for around £30 James. Very nice too. Its about to be replaced by a new 15yo for £40 and a 10yo for £30 so worth grabbing one of the old 15s I think.
Willie JJ
Cask Strength Gold Member

Return to Whisky News

Whisky gift and present finder