Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Our man in Paisley

News and announcements from the Whisky Magazine team

Our man in Paisley

Postby Rob Allanson » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:34 pm

Nice to see Colin getting some recognition in his local paper.

As found on the stv.tv local news website

........................................................................................................
A whisky expert from Paisley has been presented with one of the industry's top awards.

Mr Scott, a Master Blender for Chivas Regal, has been named Brand Ambassador of the Year at the Scottish Icons of Whisky Awards.

His role as International Brand Ambassador involves him travelling around the world to meet with millions of existing and potential whisky enthusiasts.

Mr Scott oversaw the unveiling of Chivas Regal 25 Year Old in September 2007 which he created to pay homage to the first ever Chivas Regal blend.

Mr Scott was in Romania at the time of the ceremony so was unable to collect his award in person but speaking from Bucharest said: "I am thrilled to have received this prestigious award from the Icons of Whisky. It is a great honour for me and for Chivas Brothers."

He has been with Chivas Brothers for over 30 years and is based at their headquarters in Paisley.

Mr Scott who spends hours every day "nosing" whisky has had his nose insured.

He told the Paisley Daily Express: "My nose is insured but not for the sort of money that you'd be talking about for Julia Roberts' legs

"Scotch is 100% natural and your nose is the key to everything. You have to have a sensitive nose that is good at natural flavour recognition. We do taste but we don't swallow. It is the best job in the world."

the stv.tv local news
Rob Allanson
Editor

Return to Whisky News

Whisky gift and present finder