Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Stranahan's 1000th

News and announcements from the Whisky Magazine team

Stranahan's 1000th

Postby Rob Allanson » Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:55 pm

Stranahan's Colorado Whiskey, a small-batch whiskey cultivated in Colorado's first-ever micro-distillery, commemorated the corking or "bunging" of its 1000th barrel on April 8 at the 2405 Blake Street distillery in Denver.
To commemorate the 1000th barrel and success of this Rocky Mountain whiskey made with Colorado water and local barley, Denver Mayor John W. Hickenlooper was on hand to finish filling the barrel and drive home the 'bung' or cork.
The whiskey from this 1000th barrel will mature for a minimum of two years in Stranahan's climate controlled warehouse. The mayor will then open the barrel and pronounce the whiskey (with labels signed by the mayor authenticating the occasion) worthy of donation to the mayor's designated charities.
"This celebration represents 52,800 gallons of whiskey produced in the Mile High City," said Stranahan's Colorado Whiskey founder Jess Graber.
Rob Allanson
Editor

Re: Stranahan's 1000th

Postby desouza » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:25 pm

This has got to be one of the "smoothest, delicious, young whiskies",Period! I would not be surprised if the amount produced has pretty much been consumed - its sooo drinkable!
desouza

Re: Stranahan's 1000th

Postby jmrl » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:13 pm

It didn't get a good review in Whisky Mag but the batch we tried was great. A very kind soul sent me another bottle. If I had more will power I would have tried it by now and found out if the first bottle was unusually good or if the WM bottle was unlucky.
jmrl
Gold Member

Return to Whisky News

Whisky gift and present finder