Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Charity tasting

News and announcements from the Whisky Magazine team

Charity tasting

Postby Rob Allanson » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:26 am

On Wednesday 29 July The Lord Mayor's Appeal is to host a Magic o' the Malt Whisky Tasting at the magnificent Goldsmiths' Hall in London.

The Lord Mayor's Appeal is the Lord Mayor of the City of London Alderman Ian Luder's charity appeal which is raising money, just this year, for two principal beneficiaries -

- St John Ambulance London who will be placing 1,000 defibrillators in the City of London from money raised to give immediate help to victims of cardiac arrest, and

-The Lord's Taverners who from money raised will be providing specially adapted minibuses to transport children in London and across the country to sports fields and other play areas to which they would not normally have access.

The event runs from 6.30pm - 9.30pm and costs £75 per person. The evening will also feature the poetry of William McGonagall read by Nicholas Parsons OBE and a whisky tasting challenge.

To book please
The Lord Mayor's Appeal,
22 Melton Street,
London NW1 2EP
Tel: 020 7728 2680
Fax: 020 7388 0189
Email: sharon.pickersgill@lma09.org
Rob Allanson
Editor

Re: Charity tasting

Postby Reggaeblues » Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:15 pm

Sounds wonderful, and thanks for the info Rob.

Can't afford it right now though, but looks like a great night for those who can.

Nicholas Parsons eh? Can't resist the old "2 Ronnies"joke:

"Did you hear that lots of women love Nicholas Parsons?"

"Yes, and there are lots of parsons who love nickerless women!"

Sorry about that! Oh, but I need my regular Porridge almost as much as I need my regular dram...
Reggaeblues
Double Gold Member

Return to Whisky News

Whisky gift and present finder