Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

GlenGarioch revamp

News and announcements from the Whisky Magazine team

GlenGarioch revamp

Postby Rob Allanson » Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:44 am

Morrison Bowmore Distillers have unveiled an entirely new chapter of whisky making at one of Scotland's oldest distilleries. The launch of the Glen Garioch Single Malt Whisky, founded in 1797, represents a new beginning from established values - a new range and new packaging.

The launch celebrates the distillery's long standing tradition of craftsmanship to produce the finest Highland single malts - taking the skills and experience cultured over the last 200 years to create a core boutique range of whiskies that are unique in both look and taste.

Mike Keiller, CEO commented "With only small batches of hand-selected stock available worldwide, Glen Garioch leads the way in this new era of rarity within the whisky arena.  Suited to the enthusiast, the collector and those with a genuine appreciation of craft & quality, Glen Garioch now compliments the already successful single malt portfolio of Morrison Bowmore Distillers."

"The launch of Glen Garioch is the crowing glory.  As a company we now operate across the full spectrum of the whisky market.  Bowmore will always represent our core focus, with Auchentoshan & McClelland's meeting the needs of the introductory and contemporary consumer.  Glen Garioch will now allow us to communicate with the real whisky enthusiasts"

Leading with the 1797 Founders Reserve at the heart of the range, Glen Garioch will periodically hand select individual casks at the peak of their perfection, demonstrating the quality and breadth of the Glen Garioch spirit.  Launched as 'Single Batch Releases', this year will see Glen Garioch 1990 Vintage and the Glen Garioch 1978 Vintage will join the 1797 Founders Reserve.
Rob Allanson
Editor

Re: GlenGarioch revamp

Postby Whiskytaster » Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:52 pm

Good to see GlenGarioch getting a bit of attention. Seems to have been overlooked of late.....
Whiskytaster
Bronze Member

Re: GlenGarioch revamp

Postby Whisky1978 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:14 pm

I agree it's good to see that Glen Garioch is getting more attention. About a year ago I've tried my first Glen Garioch, it was the 8 year old distillery bottling. I've got the bottle on sale for 18 of 19 euro in the Netherlands and wasn't expecting a lot of it. So I was really surprised to find some good sherry in it. It is not one of the best whiskies I've tasted but I've you're looking for a good price/value whisky you should take a look at the Glen Garioch distillery bottelings.
Whisky1978
Bronze Member

Return to Whisky News

Whisky gift and present finder