Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Curling sponsorship

News and announcements from the Whisky Magazine team

Curling sponsorship

Postby Rob Allanson » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:40 pm

Laphroaig Islay Single Malt Scotch, has announceed its 2010 official sponsorship of the United States Curling Association (USCA) just in time for the 2010 winter games. The sponsorship kicks off a year-long celebration of Scottish heritage by one of the world's most popular single malt Scotch whiskies.
"We're excited Laphroaig has been named the official Scotch of the United States Curling Association," said Michael Cockram, senior director, Laphroaig. "We look forward to sharing the rich, flavorful taste and history of our classic whisky with curling fans."
"There are few brands out there that have as deep a Scottish history as Laphroaig," said USCA President Leland Rich. "We are honoured to have such a respected brand sponsor the United States Curling Association. This truly brings the spirit of the winter games to new heights."
Rob Allanson
Editor

Re: Curling sponsorship

Postby Muskrat Portage » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:08 am

Way to go Lappy!

As a curling fan, I always appreciate when corporations and companies extend themselves to support the sport, no matter what country they extend said support to. We all benefit when interest in the sport is increased, no matter what country receives the initial financial assistance.

Anyone can play with very little outlay of funds, and it's a healthy team activity. I personally enjoy the Bonspeil aspect of the game. (Drink and curl) I've always been a fan of Laphroaig and now they've given yet another reason to love and support their product!

I hope team USA does well at the Olympics, however, in this house it's still "Go TEAM CANADA Go!

Musky
Muskrat Portage
Triple Gold Member

Return to Whisky News

Whisky gift and present finder