Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Mixing it at the Grape ‘n’ Grain

News and announcements from the Whisky Magazine team

Mixing it at the Grape ‘n’ Grain

Postby Kate » Wed Feb 25, 2004 5:30 pm

Andy Cornwall, proprietor of popular whisky retailer The Whisky Chaser in St. Annes on Sea, Lancashire, has opened the North of England’s first dedicated whisky bar. Situated at the rear of the Whisky Chaser, the new bar, called Grape’n’Grain, sells more than 400 different whiskies by the glass – with prices ranging from £1 to £60.
Andy has spent more than £40,000 making the bar a reality, creating a stylish interior with a big glass display cabinet to hold all the premium whiskies on offer and leather sofas to sink into and enjoy a dram or two.
Whisky tastings will also be held at the venue twice a month.
If you want more information about the bar and upcoming tastings, call: +44 (0)1253 781 200
Kate

Postby Eightball » Tue May 04, 2004 9:16 pm

What we need is more of these whisky bars. Possibly some in the United States? How about one like the the Craigellachie (congrats on the award!) :arrow: Most bars here in Michigan don't have a clue what good whisky is. For example right down the street there is a cocktail bar that had 4 bottles of Bowmore sitting there for I'd say a year. It really boggles my mind. You'd think us Michiganders would have better taste.

I read that prices go from 1 to 60 pounds. I wish I had the resources to fly to a tasting!
Eightball

Postby Eightball » Tue May 04, 2004 9:18 pm

How much is the pound on the dollar anyway?
Eightball

Return to Whisky News

Whisky gift and present finder