Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Ben Nevis winner

News and announcements from the Whisky Magazine team

Ben Nevis winner

Postby Rob Allanson » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:24 pm

The wonderful people at Ben Nevis distillery had on their stand Bottle No. 1 of 628 bottles of a 25 years old single cask, cask strength malt.
Anyone who bought a bottle of any product from them over the two days had their names entered in a prize draw to win that bottle.
The winner was a Mr. David Hargreaves from Market Bosworth, Nuneaton and his prize will be forwarded to him once the distillery's stock is returned from London.
Congratulations.
Rob Allanson
Editor

Re: Ben Nevis winner

Postby r900p » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:31 pm

Got an email from the distillery a few weeks ago about this one, but price wasn't released then, do you know what it will retail at Rob?

Cheers.
r900p
Double Gold Member

Postby Danmag » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:24 am

628 bottles single cask at cask strength? What size of cask and where had they kept it? That, to all intent and purposes, is 430 litres that have been bottled, given the happy angels over 25 years, that's a big cask.
Danmag

Postby Ganga » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:52 am

While I have no disagreement with the observations that have been made, I will say that you have inferred that the bottle size is 70 cl. I think it is quite possible that these may be half size bottles. I would be interested to find out what the answer is.
Ganga
Matured cask

Return to Whisky News

Whisky gift and present finder