Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Whiskycast App

News and announcements from the Whisky Magazine team

Whiskycast App

Postby Rob Allanson » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:54 pm

Whisky and technology merge online with the new WhiskyCast application for iPhone users. Based on the Internet's most successful whisky podcast, the new WhiskyCast iPhone application will allow users to listen to episodes online, check tasting notes for whiskies while at a bar or retailer, and even find whisky events while they're traveling. Unlike other iPhone whisky apps, the WhiskyCast app is free for users thanks to sponsorship from The Glenrothes® Single Malt Scotch and its U.S. importer, Skyy Spirits.

Since the first WhiskyCast episode hit the Internet in November of 2005, more than 850,000 episodes have been downloaded, making WhiskyCast the most popular podcast devoted to whisky. Each episode features the latest news on new whiskies from around the world, along with upcoming whisky events, tasting notes from host Mark Gillespie, and interviews with distillers, authors, and other whisky experts.

"One of the things I've always wanted was to have my tasting notes with me when I visit a bar," said Gillespie. "I've tasted literally hundreds of whiskies over the last few years, and this new app makes it easy to take my notes wherever I go." As the host and producer of WhiskyCast and a member of the Malt Maniacs, an international organization of whisky lovers, Mark has had the opportunity to taste the best whiskies from Scotland, the U.S., Canada, Japan, and many other countries. "I've been able to take my notes and turn them into an application that other whisky connoisseurs can refer to," Gillespie said. "What's more, thanks to The Glenrothes, we can make the WhiskyCast application available for free. In these tough economic times, people are looking to save money wherever they can, and this is one way people can make the most of their whisky budget."

Rob Allanson
Editor

Re: Whiskycast App

Postby shulaw05 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:05 pm

it is a phenomenal app. it has the last few episodes of the podcast ready to listen to, plus links to all the archives. there is a page w/links to everything mark mentions in the podcast as well as his reviews and calender of events. just a wonderful app, and it's free!
shulaw05
Bronze Member

Return to Whisky News

Whisky gift and present finder