Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

PM's new tipple

News and announcements from the Whisky Magazine team

PM's new tipple

Postby Rob Allanson » Thu May 20, 2010 1:55 pm

Veteran rocker Francis Rossi has presented David Cameron with a house-warming gift he hopes will ensure the political status quo. Rossi recently acquired the 196-year-old Glen Rossie Whisky and bottle No 10, of a limited edition run of 50 signed and numbered bottles, has been sent to No 10 Downing Street.
The Status Quo frontman, who hopes the new PM will "share a drop with Mr Clegg and the gang", is the new Chairman of Glen Rossie - bottles of which he'd had on his tour bus for the last decade - having acquired a significant minority stake earlier this year.
Bottle No 10, signed and numbered by Francis, was sent along with a letter to the new PM this week in which Francis said: "To toast your success, please have a wee dram on me."
In a nod to Mr Cameron's challenges heading up a new political team, Francis added: "For my day job I've been keeping a band together for 45 years, which certainly isn't easy, even when you play lead guitar. But a chat with the chaps over a sturdy Scotch can certainly help."
Rob Allanson
Editor

Re: PM's new tipple

Postby Danmag » Fri May 21, 2010 3:35 am

I like Status Quo, I'm not convinced about the new government and I've never tried Glen Rossie whisky. What the heck, Francis, if you're prepared to send me one I'm prepared to give it a go.
Danmag

Re: PM's new tipple

Postby Maccy » Sat May 22, 2010 7:55 am

[quote="Danmag"]I like Status Quo, I'm not convinced about the new government and I've never tried Glen Rossie whisky. What the heck, Francis, if you're prepared to send me one I'm prepared to give it a go.[/quote]

HERE HERE!
Maccy
Silver Member

Return to Whisky News

Whisky gift and present finder