Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

App launched with Hans Offringa

News and announcements from the Whisky Magazine team

App launched with Hans Offringa

Postby Rob Allanson » Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:04 pm

MyWhisky contains the history of distilleries, photographs and short tasting notes of whiskies and whiskeys by world-renowned whisky writer and expert Hans Offringa.
Recently upgraded, MyWhisky is a repository of nearly 300 whiskies and whiskeys from all over the world. They are made accessible via an A-Z brand index, a country index, a type index and a distillery index.
The app is suited for the most experienced whisky drinker and addresses the common problem of the person who enjoys whisky but is overwhelmed at times by unfamiliar brands
In a special section called MyWhisky Extras, you may find information about what whiskey/whisky is, the production regions, the different types of whisky and whiskey, how to read labels, the art of whisky tasting and how to organize your own tasting as well as an overview of independent bottlers, whisky bars around the world and more.
Furthermore there is a section with daily whisky trivia assembled by the author: 365 days of whisky wit and wisdom at your immediate disposal! It is a clever way to develop your appreciation of the nuances of whisky - and impress your friends - with a mere tap of the screen.
Users may add their own tasting notes and new whiskies. That's why it is called MyWhisky! Hans Offringa gives you a head start and invites you to build further on that. You may enter data such as nose and taste, but also cask number, year of distillation, year of bottling, where you tasted the whisky, with whom, etc.
You may purchase MyWhisky in Apple's app-store.
Rob Allanson
Editor

Re: App launched with Hans Offringa

Postby Matt2 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:18 pm

Just a note .... this has nothing to do with the MyWhisky feature on this site :thumbsup:
Matt2

Re: App launched with Hans Offringa

Postby Danmag » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:00 am

Here's another thought. I know that app stands for application, and I know it's something to do with Apple, but I wouldn't know what to do with one if it stood up and slapped me in the face.
Dan
Danmag

Return to Whisky News

Whisky gift and present finder