Colum Egan, Master Distiller at the Old Bushmills Distillery, has today announced the eleven pairs of friends who will represent their countries at 'Bushcamp', the global final of 'Make it 2 Bushmills', a competition hosted by BUSHMILLSâ„¢ Irish Whiskey.
The eleven pairs will be taking part in the final, dubbed the 'Whiskey World Games', on Ireland's north coast this August. The competition offers two friends the chance to win two weeks working at the world-famous Old Bushmills Distillery, where they will make their own unique blend of BUSHMILLS Irish Whiskey, live in luxury penthouse accommodation and get £5,000 spending money. Then, the winning friends will get VIP access to the ultimate BUSHMILLS party back in their home country.
The Bushcamp finalists are:
- Representing Belgium - Johan Lolos, a Student (23) and Mathias Gilles, a Student (24)
- Representing Bulgaria - Marin Aganderov, a Student (22) and Kiril Todorov, a Student (22)
- Representing Czech Republic - OndÅ™ej Å imeÄek, a Hospitality Product Manager (27) and JiÅ™Ã Tlach, an Insurance Officer (28)
- Representing Germany - Patrick Seidel, a Bartender (27) and Andreas Andricopoulos, a Bartender (27)
- Representing Great Britain - Keeley Sutcliffe, a Junior and Infant School Midday Supervisor (34) and Tom Lawrence, a Telesales Manager (39)
- Representing the Netherlands - Richard Beatty, an IT Consultant (36) and Michael Weijzig, a Social Worker (36)
- Representing Northern Ireland - Richard Roberts, a Customer Service Assistant (59) and Carol Roberts, a Home Care Worker (55)
- Representing the Republic of Ireland - Peter Majernik, a Hotel Concierge (32) and Vladimir Majernik, a Hotel Porter (31)
- Representing Russia - Nikolay Fedoseev, a Graphic Designer (28) and Ilya Rybalsky, a Chemical Engineer (26)
- Representing South Africa - Sean Tickner, a Orthotist and Prosthetist (30) and Jonathan Oliff, a Brand Strategist and Marketing Consultant (27)
- Representing the United States of America - Curt Neeb, an Inventory Specialist (40) and Paul Kowalski, a Graphic Design Business Owner (49)
The duos were selected to represent their countries by public vote on Facebook and will compete against each other in a number of challenges to find the ultimate winners of Make it 2 Bushmills. Some of the challenges they can expect to face include barrel-rolling, coopering and beach golf.
The final will be judged by the BUSHMILLS Master Distiller Colum Egan and some famous fans of BUSHMILLS, including Kevin Baird of Two Door Cinema Club, Jonathan Galkin of DFA Records and Rob Allanson of Whisky Magazine.
Colum said: "Bushcamp is going to be the World Games of Whiskey, played out in true Bushmills style. Kevin, Jonathan, Rob and I will be challenging the finalists to try out some of the things that the team at the Old Bushmills Distillery do on a daily basis as well as some of the things that we like to do in our spare time...all with a Bushmills twist.
"But of course, being the Old Bushmills Distillery, we'll not be forgetting the whiskey itself. A couple of the challenges will test how passionate the friends are about BUSHMILLS Irish Whiskey. All will be revealed when we welcome them here in August!"
Bushcamp will take place from 16th - 18th August at the Old Bushmills Distillery, in Bushmills village and the surrounding area, with the winning pair of friends being announced on the evening of the 17th.
Visit facebook.com/bushmills1608 to follow the finalists' progress and for more information on Make it 2 Bushmills.