Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

United in spirit

News and announcements from the Whisky Magazine team

United in spirit

Postby Sally Toms » Mon Jun 06, 2005 12:52 pm

Phillips Distilling Company has made history with the creation of the world’s first Kentucky bourbon and Canadian whiskey blend.

Phillips Union Whiskey combines a flavourful bourbon with a softer Canadian blended whiskey to create something entirely new – a whiskey notable for its unique combination of exceptional flavour and extraordinary smoothness.

Also released were America’s first flavoured whiskies: Phillips Union Cherry and Phillips Union Vanilla.

“While other spirit categories have continued to innovate, whiskey makers have stood still for years,”says Phillips. “We think that flavoured whiskey is the next step in the category’s evolution.”

http://www.revolutionsmooth.com
Sally Toms
News & Picture Editor

Postby minnwhiskeylover » Sat Nov 12, 2005 7:03 am

I recently tried the new flavored whiskey call Phillips Union. The Vanilla was sweet, almost perfect for an after dinner cocktail. It was good, but not my cup of tea. The package said to mix with Pineapple juice - my wife's new favorite whiskey cocktail - she is calling it the Hawaiian Cosmo.

The Cherry Union, much easier to drink than the Vanilla, and I must admit, this makes a perfect Manhattan. Add a small dash of bitters, and this Manhattan is dangerous.

I hope other progressive Whiskey drinkers give this new brand a chance, I'm glad I did.
minnwhiskeylover

Return to Whisky News

Whisky gift and present finder