Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Glengoyne offers new kind of tour

News and announcements from the Whisky Magazine team

Glengoyne offers new kind of tour

Postby Sally Toms » Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:44 pm

A new distillery breakfast tour at Glengoyne is aiming to attract the stag groups and day out crowds. The programme, which launches on St Andrew’s Day (November 30), offers guests a dawn dram, whisky breakfast, VIP tour and a personalised bottle of Glengoyne.

The exciting programme starts with a dram of 12 year old, the a hearty meal of porridge and a full breakfast – washed down with Glengoyne New Raw Spirit mixed with orange juice and herbs.
The distillery, which has been producing Highland malt whisky legally since 1833, is located 15 miles north of Glasgow.

The Glengoyne Whisky Breakfast is available for parties of 10 or more, from £50 per person.
Sally Toms
News & Picture Editor

Postby Fergie » Sun Dec 04, 2005 4:02 am

£50 for a breakfast with a £2 nip of whisky is more than a bit over the top
Fergie
Bronze Member

Location: In the middle of Scotland ( give or take a hundred miles or so, each way )

Postby Deactivated Member » Sun Dec 04, 2005 4:49 am

So it would be. But read again:

"The programme, which launches on St Andrew’s Day (November 30), offers guests a dawn dram, whisky breakfast, VIP tour and a personalised bottle of Glengoyne."
Deactivated Member

Postby Frodo » Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:23 am

I wonder what separates the VIP tour from the regular one? If I can bring empty water bottles and fill them from the warehouse casks, it would be worth it!
Frodo
Triple Gold Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:27 am

Couldn't say for sure, but I'd guess some liberal tasting.
Deactivated Member

Postby JimHall » Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:27 pm

If you have every been to Glengoyne then you will know that it is hard to go there and not spend money. they have an excellent shop and the whole place is an experience to remember. (makes the likes of Dalwhinnie look very amatuer indeed) The tours are excellent and I would say that if you are getting a bottle of Whisky in with the price (is it 70cl ? ) then it isn't a bad deal.

would be pleased to hear from anyone who had been
JimHall
Bronze Member

Return to Whisky News

Whisky gift and present finder