Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Bottler provides food for thought

News and announcements from the Whisky Magazine team

Bottler provides food for thought

Postby Sally Toms » Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:20 am

It has been a busy Spring for whisky merchant Duncan Taylor & Co., with the launch of another whisky and creating a dram infused menu at an award winning hotel.
Joining Duncan Taylor’s Region Collection is the new Speyside Special Selection No.2, the second in a series of specially selected casks chosen for their outstanding quality and uniqueness.

Each of the casks in the series is specially selected to highlight the depth of character available from the chosen region.

Also to prove that whisky does not just have to be enjoyed by the glass, Duncan Taylor has helped create a new whisky-fused menu in association with the acclaimed Highlander Inn, Speyside.

Brochette of sea bass with king prawns followed by breast of duck with sweet potato mash, then finished off with a rich dark chocolate brownie.

This is just a hint of the three new dishes which see a gastronomic marriage of the finest seasonal foods with bottlings of Duncan Taylor’s Bruichladdich, Glen Grant and Glenugie malts.

Euan Shand, director of Duncan Taylor commented: “Whisky is Scotland’s wine. As our national drink I believe it should be enjoyed like we would a bottle of wine. By choosing a good malt, it can really bring a dish to life.”
Sally Toms
News & Picture Editor

Postby Deactivated Member » Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:04 am

Great information
Deactivated Member

Postby hpulley » Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:05 pm

I love whisky and food matching and have mentioned many times that I enjoy the two together at dinner frequently. I love DTC whiskies as well so I'm glad to see this marriage.

I would be shocked if the pairings were not: the Bruichladdich with the prawns and sea bass, the Glen Grant with the duck and potatoes and the Glenugie witht he chocolate brownie dessert. I have the Glenugie and it is indeed a dark chocolate dram.

Harry
hpulley
Triple Gold Member

Return to Whisky News

Whisky gift and present finder