Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Whisky Live London 2009 (27-28 Feb)

The official Whisky Live forum - The world's premier whisky tasting show.
www.whiskylive.com

Re: Whisky Live London 2009 (27-28 Feb)

Postby arkle » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:36 pm

p.s
dont forget your Glenlivet key to unlock the exclusive dram!
Getting quite excited now...........
arkle
Bronze Member

Postby RufusA » Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:28 am

Surely it's the personalised metal Guardian card you need. The key is for when you visit the distillery!

Alternatively, find Ian and keep him talking when he has a bottle or two of good stuff in his hand - seems to work wonders every year!

Rufus.
RufusA
Bronze Member

Postby les taylor » Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:12 pm

RufusA wrote:Surely it's the personalised metal Guardian card you need. The key is for when you visit the distillery!

Alternatively, find Ian and keep him talking when he has a bottle or two of good stuff in his hand - seems to work wonders every year!

Rufus.

Rufus take your key. :)
http://www.theglenlivet.com/news/newsit ... =99&mtk=98
les taylor
Cask Strength Gold Member

Postby irishwhiskeychaser » Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:54 pm

Maybe we just all use Les' key and rib the bottle :wink:
irishwhiskeychaser

Postby Ian Logan » Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:00 pm

Good Afternoon,

Just to clear up the card v. key question. It will be your key that you need this year....Les has got it right.
IWC, not sure what you mean by "rib the bottle" but the people on here who have met me know I wont give it up without a fight....lol. If you are going come past the stand and say hello.
Hope to see as many of you as possible next week.

Ian
Ian Logan
Bronze Member

Postby les taylor » Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:28 pm

Ian Logan wrote:Good Afternoon,

Just to clear up the card v. key question. It will be your key that you need this year....Les has got it right.
IWC, not sure what you mean by "rib the bottle" but the people on here who have met me know I wont give it up without a fight....lol. If you are going come past the stand and say hello.

Ian

Hi Ian looking forward to meeting up with you again next week. And I have to say that in my experience Ian has always been good to speak with and a generous host. :)
les taylor

Postby RufusA » Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:27 pm

Thanks everyone for clarifying the key thing - it would have been a tradegy to turn up without a way of enjoying the special dram.

Must remember to check the Glenlivet site now again, and looking forward to meeting a few familiar faces at WL.

Rufus.
RufusA
Bronze Member

Postby LagaDrinker » Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:48 pm

Just registered, will I get my key in time...
LagaDrinker
Gold Member

Postby Paul A Jellis » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:35 pm

Can I find my key in time . . . ?
Paul A Jellis
Gold Member

Postby LagaDrinker » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:47 pm

The clock is ticking...
LagaDrinker
Gold Member

Postby irishwhiskeychaser » Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:20 pm

Ian Logan wrote:IWC, not sure what you mean by "rib the bottle" but the people on here who have met me know I wont give it up without a fight....lol. If you are going come past the stand and say hello.

Ian

Luckily it was a miss print so no i did not mean rob it :wink:

Yes will definitely drop by ... looking forward to this new creation.

I thought I'd get to use it last year but it did not suit in the end.

I have my key attached to my keyring

ready to .....

UNLOCK AND LOAD :thumbsup:
irishwhiskeychaser

Postby irishwhiskeychaser » Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:23 pm

On a side note what does 'Faemussach' mean ... actually I'll hold on that question till Saturday 8)

It reminds me of an Irish gaelic word uafásach which I assume has no resemblence as uafásach means horrible :o

On the contary I'm sure it is iontach (wonderful)

Looking forward to tasting it and possibly the now famous Nádurra.
irishwhiskeychaser

Postby RufusA » Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:20 pm

Isn't Faemussach the name of the local peat bog - does this imply that it has a certain unexpected hint of smoke?

Though probably part of the marketing inspired alphabetical naming sequence for the seemingly annual special single casks that bought us "Eclipse" last year.

Ian is Faemussach going to be available to buy / win / be given away at WL?

There's nothing worse than falling in love with a whisky that is unatainable! :mrgreen:

Rufus.
RufusA
Bronze Member

Postby Ian Logan » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:03 am

Rufus,

Sorry to say that Faemussach wont be available for sale. It was an experiment last year with Eclipse, successful as it was we aren't in a position to repeat it.
Faemussach is the name of the peat bog where the distillery used to cut its peats from. The site is still in use today, though not by us, and is situated on the road from Glenlivet to Tomintoul.
Lagadrinker...... I will be very surprised if you recieve your key on time but please make sure you catch up with me on the stand and we will sort something out.

Ian
Ian Logan
Bronze Member

Postby LagaDrinker » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:42 am

Ian Logan wrote:Lagadrinker...... I will be very surprised if you recieve your key on time but please make sure you catch up with me on the stand and we will sort something out.

Ian

Definately will Ian, I am going on the Saturday afternoon :thumbsup:
LagaDrinker
Gold Member

Postby les taylor » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:07 pm

Ian Logan wrote:Rufus,

Sorry to say that Faemussach wont be available for sale. It was an experiment last year with Eclipse, successful as it was we aren't in a position to repeat it.
Faemussach is the name of the peat bog where the distillery used to cut its peats from. The site is still in use today, though not by us, and is situated on the road from Glenlivet to Tomintoul.
Lagadrinker...... I will be very surprised if you recieve your key on time but please make sure you catch up with me on the stand and we will sort something out.

Ian

Hi Ian that is a shame that it's not for sale. With a run out of 542 bottles us I'm sure the Guardians would have loved the opportunity of being able to purchase this one.
les taylor

Postby Steve Rush » Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:26 pm

Ian Logan wrote:

Ian

Thankfully I will be attending on Saturday, after originally fearing that I may not be able to.

From what I have read about the Faemussach, I have to say that I'm disapointed that I wont be able to buy any.

Now I have to rumage around and try and find that key.
Steve Rush
Bronze Member

Postby ClubSmed » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:01 pm

Ian Logan wrote:Good Afternoon,

Ian

I unfortunately lost my key and card in a car fire and can't find on the Guardian website how to request a new one so will be without either at the event :cry:
ClubSmed
Gold Member

Postby Matt2 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:16 pm

Whisky Live London 2009
Saturday is now sold out and no tickets will be available on the door.

There are still tickets for Friday Gala Evening and masterclasses.
Matt2

Postby ClubSmed » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:15 am

Matt Page wrote:Whisky Live London 2009
Saturday is now sold out and no tickets will be available on the door.

There are still tickets for Friday Gala Evening and masterclasses.

This is the first time I have booked to come to this event. I booked quite a while ago (3rd Jan) and the only options were for the different days. I did not get any further emails to say I could now book for the masterclasses so assumed that the masterclasses where to be bought on arrival. I now notice that these were available online and further more that they are now sold out so I have no chance of going to any! I am more than a little upset by this as I was looking forward to booking myself on several when I arrive Saturday morning. I am really disappointed by this lack of communication and seemingly poor organisation, if I was not already financially committed to go I would consider canceling!
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :cry: :cry: :cry: :evil: :evil: :evil:
ClubSmed
Gold Member

Postby LagaDrinker » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:11 pm

It stated on the website all along that the master class tickets would go on sale at the end of January.

They were a little late being put up but it was definately on the website all along.

Also Pippa posted on this thread that they were on sale at least two weeks ago.

It must be disappointing missing out though
LagaDrinker
Gold Member

Postby ClubSmed » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:22 pm

LagaDrinker wrote:It stated on the website all along that the master class tickets would go on sale at the end of January.

They were a little late being put up but it was definately on the website all along.

Also Pippa posted on this thread that they were on sale at least two weeks ago.

It must be disappointing missing out though

I am a newcomer to this thread so would not have known to look and going back through the posts I can not seem to see the post you mention.

If the information was on the website then I apologise but I am unable to see where it might have been and there do not seem to be any reference there now

I am just upset that I will miss out on attending any as this was supposed to be my Birthday weekend away
ClubSmed
Gold Member

Postby Hereward » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:02 pm

I am distraught. I've been looking forward to this all year, having bought a ticket at the door last year and thoroughly enjoying myself. Unfortunately, I had a possible work commitment so wasn't able to buy tickets in advance until today and now I find they're sold out. Gutted. :cry:
Hereward

Postby ClubSmed » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:27 pm

Hereward wrote:I am distraught. I've been looking forward to this all year, having bought a ticket at the door last year and thoroughly enjoying myself. Unfortunately, I had a possible work commitment so wasn't able to buy tickets in advance until today and now I find they're sold out. Gutted. :cry:

Sorry to hear that I had a similar issue last year as I found out that this event existed too close to the date to be able to arrange anything
ClubSmed
Gold Member

Postby monkey » Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:38 pm

I have a couple of spare tickets (selling at face value) for Saturday afternoon 2-5 if anyone is interested. Am going tonight to the venue so would be best to meet there anytime after 5. Am leaving the office now but please call if you are interested 07773 868 751.
Last edited by monkey on Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
monkey

Re: Whisky Live London 2009

Postby LagaDrinker » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:12 pm

Pippa Tomson wrote:Hi All

I've just put some more masterclasses online and I'm waiting for one more so will put that up as soon as I get the information

Thanks
Pippa

From page 1
LagaDrinker
Gold Member

Postby les taylor » Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:08 pm

I guess the moral of the story is to check in daily until all the information becomes available. And not to book right at the last minute.
les taylor

Postby ClubSmed » Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:11 pm

LagaDrinker wrote:

I've just put some more masterclasses online and I'm waiting for one more so will put that up as soon as I get the information

Thanks
Pippa

From page 1

I read this as "I have put the details of some more masterclasses online" not "I have put some masterclasses online which you will now be able to buy tickets for if you are interested"

I don't think that I could have read the later into it in all fairness
ClubSmed
Gold Member

Postby Hereward » Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:45 pm

monkey wrote:I have a couple of spare tickets (selling at face value) for Saturday afternoon 2-5 if anyone is interested. Am going tonight to the venue so would be best to meet there anytime after 5. Am leaving the office now but please call if you are interested 07773 868 751.

I'd be eternally grateful! I've left a message on your phone. Thanks again!
Hereward

Postby LagaDrinker » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:37 pm

ClubSmed wrote:
LagaDrinker wrote:

Thanks
Pippa

From page 1

I read this as "I have put the details of some more masterclasses online" not "I have put some masterclasses online which you will now be able to buy tickets for if you are interested"

I don't think that I could have read the later into it in all fairness

OK, I feel really sorry you missed out on the master classes. I did too but only because I couldn't decide. I hope you still have a great show. Its my first one so I am hoping there will be enough to keep us amused the rest of the time. See you there, really looking forward to it now :thumbsup:
LagaDrinker
Gold Member

Postby JimP » Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:30 am

It is a shame that you have missed out on the master classes this year. As have I, my fault though, I delayed and lost out. I went last year and did get an opportunity, great experience. Getting excited now for tomorrow, all the best, you will have a great day.
JimP

Postby les taylor » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:38 am

What a fantastic day. Venue was superb. Met many lovely people. Full report later. Great thanks to Whisky Magazine and all it's staff for putting on such really good event in bueatiful surrondings. :)
les taylor

Postby LagaDrinker » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:53 am

I have a great day too. Will post full report later as well. Met Clubsmed, Ian Logan and Rob. Lovely venue and a great day :thumbsup:
LagaDrinker
Gold Member

Postby ikendal » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:01 pm

me too, excellent time. great venue, but... notable absences.
ikendal
Bronze Member

Postby ClubSmed » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:23 pm

I had a great day and there was plenty to spend my time on without the master classes. This though is probably because it was my first year, will know to book master classes online next year.

It was good to meet all the people that I did and am really looking forward to next year
ClubSmed
Gold Member

PreviousNext

Return to Whisky Live

Whisky gift and present finder