Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Whisky Magazine Live 2004 - 5th & 6th March 2004

The official Whisky Live forum - The world's premier whisky tasting show.
www.whiskylive.com

Whisky Magazine Live 2004 - 5th & 6th March 2004

Postby Deactivated Member » Tue Dec 16, 2003 12:12 am

Whisky Magazine Live 2004
“ The UK’s premier whisky tasting event ”

Where: Royal Horticultural Halls. London.
When: Fri 5th & Sat 6th March 2004 12pm-6pm

Book your tickets for the tasting event of the year now!

There is plenty to entice both the seasoned whisky-lover and novice: the chance to taste rare and sought-after whiskies and meet the experts often featured in the pages of Whisky Magazine, and to learn about the world of whisky and get a feel for the great variety of whiskies available, as well as expert advice.

The sheer range of whiskies/whiskeys on show will challenge even the most determined taster: everything from old favourites to unusual finishes, bourbons to rare bottlings.

Find out more from the Whisky Live website at http://www.whiskylive.com.
Deactivated Member

ON THE DAY / EXPERTS

Postby Deactivated Member » Fri Dec 26, 2003 7:39 pm

Two questions:-

1. Can I 'roll-up' on the day and get a ticket on the door?

2. Will the likes of Michael Jackson, David Stirk and Jim Murray be there on both days?
Deactivated Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Fri Dec 26, 2003 8:59 pm

Last years event was sold out,so best to buy your tickets in advance.
Enjoy the event,I always do :D
Deactivated Member

Laphroaig - details to follow

Postby si_peacock » Fri Jan 30, 2004 2:10 pm

I'm getting frustrated at the Laphroaig Masterclass information not being available as yet. I even tried ringing the distillery and the guy I spoke to, whilst being very helpful as far as he could, didn't know any details either.

I notice the event promo in the latest issue doesn't include this information either. Surely a real missed opportunity for Laphroaig? It makes them stand out so much when every other distillery has been so organised.

This is the one class that I'd love to go to as it is by far my favourite whisky, I'm a friend of Laphroaig and I've visited the distillery several times. Maybe they are keeping their powder dry for a huge revelation!!! Myself, I'm just hoping to taste the 40yo :wink:
si_peacock

Don´t expect the 40 y...

Postby Nikwik » Mon Feb 02, 2004 9:18 pm

After last years MC with Laphroaig I must warn those expecting a lot of very old L, cask samples etc. Last year had a theme of "Laphroaig and Cheese", something i enjoyed a lot , being a cheese-lover. :D Others were not that happy though and complained a lot... :evil:
Nikwik

Selling WhiskyLive ticket and special releases masterclass.

Postby Nathan » Mon Mar 01, 2004 4:54 pm

I have a spare ticket to sell for Fri 5th Whiskylive and also a ticket to the special releases masterclass at 3.30pm. Iam flying in to London from NYC on Thurs 4th. Please email me at nathanbparsons@hotmail.com if anyone is interested. We can arrange to meet out front. I'm selling the ticket and masterclass for 40 pounds (purchase price). Cheers.
Nathan.
Nathan

Postby Deactivated Member » Tue Mar 02, 2004 4:24 pm

Next time I have to be there, but keep telling myself this for several years now...

Erik
Deactivated Member

Postby laddie teun » Wed Mar 03, 2004 5:03 pm

Yes Erik,

you must next year. was my first last year and we're going again this weekend. had a briliant tme last year and tasted soem extremely good whisky. Without festival "drams"

gegroet

Teun
laddie teun
Bronze Member

Postby Rudy » Wed Mar 03, 2004 8:31 pm

Hi Erik,

I'll let you know what you miss this year, so it will become easier to make some other decision next year... :)

Cheers,

Rudy.
Rudy
Bronze Member

Return to Whisky Live

Whisky gift and present finder