Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Whisky Live Glasgow 2010

The official Whisky Live forum - The world's premier whisky tasting show.
www.whiskylive.com

Whisky Live Glasgow 2010

Postby Pippa Tomson » Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:01 pm

Whisky Live Glasgow heads back to its roots with its focus on education, education, education. With more Masterclass rooms, a whisky VIP room, the whisky antiques roadshow and the whisky collectors' corner, Whisky Live Glasgow provides the very heart of whisky excellence.

With great food, a fantastic location and the support of the UK's largest independent retailer, the Whisky Shop, Whisky Live Glasgow remains the greatest celebration of the very best whiskies in the world.

Show details- Saturday 11th September 2010
- The Thistle Ballroom. Glasgow
- New hours; 12 noon to 5pm
- Entrance ticket prices; Full day ticket £25 (12 to 5); VIP ticket £35 (12 to 5); designated driver £15; half day £18 (2 to 5)
- Masterclass ticket prices; Regular ticket £13

Saturday 11th September, Full day ticket, 12 noon to 5pm
Including Whisky Live tasting glass, show guide, 8 vouchers and food. £25*. On door price £29.50

Saturday 11th September, Half day ticket, 2pm to 5pm
Including Whisky Live tasting glass, show guide, 4 vouchers and food. £18*. On door price £22.50

* Ticket prices include VAT and exclude booking fee

Masterclass tickets: £13

Further sample vouchers are available on the day.

Tickets are strictly limited - book now to avoid disappointment

And for 2010 the new format offers- Improved food offering for all guests
- Retail; the UK's largest independent retailer, the Whisky Shop, will offer all the products tasted at the show as well as the finest after-show service.
- The VIP lounge; in the heart of the show will be the VIP lounge where visitors receive a different range of food, and will also be joined throughout the day by exhibitors for impromptu tastings and conversations
- The Masterclass; 30 to 50 people
- The Tasterclass; up to 100 people in an informal setting
- Whisky tour - experience the show under the private guidance of the editor of Whisky Magazine; 3 ten minute tours throughout the show
- Food and whisky combinations; chocolate and cheese paired with whisky

Plus
- Book signings
- Coopering displays
- The Beer Experience
- Whisky Antiques Roadshow
- Collectors' Corner
- Independent Bottlers' Challenge winners stand

Tastings
Whisky Live gives you the unique opportunity to sample the great whiskies, whilst mingling with the producers, independent bottlers and brand ambassadors all under one roof. In addition to learning about the world of whisky, visitors have the opportunity to sample rare and sought after whiskies and meet the stars of the industry.

Masterclasses
The Whisky Live Masterclasses are a unique insight into the world of whisky and are tutored by master distillers and other leading whisky experts. Tickets will go on sale from August 1st from http://www.whiskylive.com priced at £13 per session.
Pippa Tomson
Whisky Live Events Manager

Re: Whisky Live Glasgow 2010

Postby ClubSmed » Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:11 pm

Bought my tickets for this today, is anyone else going?
ClubSmed
Gold Member

Postby BruceCrichton » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:15 pm

Am probably going.
BruceCrichton
Double Gold Member

Postby ClubSmed » Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:25 pm

If it is just us then at least we won't have to fight the crowd to get to each table
:P
Is there really so little interest in this or are people just undecided so far?
ClubSmed
Gold Member

Postby 2eriskay » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:29 pm

I am one who is undecided whether to go and I've attended everyone since it started. If you look at the replies, e.g. one, I think that probably tells you something.
Can I ask Pippa, what exactly will we get if we purchase a VIP ticket? So often, in many types of shows they advertise VIP tickets/rooms at an extra cost for them only to be found extremely disappointing.
I've also been invited to a couple of distillery tours that day, so I'm weighing up my options.
Will I go? Probably 70/30 in favour, cause I'm a sucker for "Whisky Live", although I know of many people who will not be attending this year.
2eriskay

Postby BruceCrichton » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:41 pm

Booked my ticket.

I think Whisky Live Glasgow should do well this year as the Whisky Fringe sold out really quickly.
BruceCrichton
Double Gold Member

Postby Wardjrz » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:09 pm

There will be 4 in our party - we've not missed one since the days of George Street. We used to go to London as well but now just come here as we can't afford both.

We'll travel up on Friday and make a weekend of it as we live in West Yorkshire.

We've gone for the VIP tickets - I hope they are worth the extra.

I was at the Fringe on Saturday, another excellent event. Hopefully WL Glasgow will compete this year after a bit of a dodgy one in 2009.
Wardjrz

Postby Nelbongo » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:50 pm

Got VIP tickets also. As asked previously, what will be the difference between the VIP & the standard day ticket apart from the designated area & better food? :?
Will there be anything in the local paper about the event?
Nelbongo

Postby alasdairday » Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:04 am

Have a great day at Whisky Live Glasgow today. Sorry, The Tweeddale Blend couldn't be there this year but there is always next year... 8)
alasdairday

Return to Whisky Live

Whisky gift and present finder