Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Glasgow 2005 - Who was there?

The official Whisky Live forum - The world's premier whisky tasting show.
www.whiskylive.com

Glasgow 2005 - Who was there?

Postby Deactivated Member » Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:35 am

Anyone else there?
What did you think?
This was my first proper whisky event and I thought it was brilliant. Two days were simply not enough and I still have too many unused sample tickets left. (I had more than my fill though, make no mistake!!)
I found the masterclasses a great way to learn more about the industry and the whisky and how to appreciate it more. They revealled so much more and various things I have picked up over the past few months/years have now fallen into place.
I wondered if two six hour days would be too much - but it could have gone on all week.
I Met some wonderful people and was priviledged enough to taste some one off whsikies never to be tasted again. Hopefully I had enough experience to fully appreciate them. :D
Roll on 2006!!
Deactivated Member

Postby Tom » Sun Sep 11, 2005 7:05 pm

Congratulations on your first whiskyfestival then!
Your optimism and enthousiasm is contagious it seems, as you made me smile and I can imagine how you have felt. Good to hear you had such fun.
Tom
Gold Member

Postby Matt2 » Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:01 pm

Great to hear you had a good time. Sorry the Masterclasses were a bit on the dark side, and I hope everyone at the back could hear.

Would be interested in hearing peoples comments, especially on the masterclasses as thats were I spend most of my day.
Matt2

Postby williammackinnon » Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:46 pm

My wife & I were at Whisky Live Glasgow again this year & enjoyed it thoroughly.

We saw many familiar faces from last year, both exhibitors & patrons, & spoke to many great people.

And of course sampled many great whiskies!

Areas for improvement?

Well, we spoke to a few people who did not receive a goody bag, despite paying for a ticket - glad I wasn't one of them.

Personally I was sorry that the Classic Malts weren't there this year (Diageo?).

And most of the exhibitors that were there seemed to have been there last year as well - any new faces next year?

These are just minor, apart from the goodie bag issue which left some folks unhappy.

But I'm just glad that Whisky Live came back - and seems to have attracted a shedload more younger folk like myself this year - good news for those in the industry.

After winning a bottle of Auchentoshan myself last year, good to see my wife carrying on the tradition by "winning" a bottle of Jura this year!

Haste ye back Whisky Live!
williammackinnon

Postby Matt2 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:11 am

Now updated the Whisky Live website with lots of photos and info about the event.

http://www.whiskylive.com/scotland/glasgow-2005/
Matt2

Postby OldMember » Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:43 pm

I definately enjoyed myself there at Whisky Live in Glasgow this year. I was there in Glasgow already on a Edrington visit and this event simply came along.....

Next year's event will be Whisky Live in Capetown for me (including Stellenbosch ofcourse)

Cheers,

Old Member....
OldMember

Postby Frodo » Sat Oct 01, 2005 8:20 am

Welcome back Erik! It's been far too long...

Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!
Frodo
Triple Gold Member

Postby mar_mcdo » Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:15 pm

Diageo were off celebrating taliskers birthday unfortunatly. shame a massive company like that couldnt find a couple of guys to man a stall but oh well. Had a great time and can't wait till next year. Heading to Limbourg next easter.... :D
mar_mcdo

Return to Whisky Live

Whisky gift and present finder