Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Whisky Live NY interviews

The official Whisky Live forum - The world's premier whisky tasting show.
www.whiskylive.com

Whisky Live NY interviews

Postby MGillespie » Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:50 pm

Some of my interviews from this past week's event are now online as part of Episode 86 of WhiskyCast...

Mark
MGillespie
Double Gold Member

Postby Wendy » Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:17 am

Hello Mark,
I have just caught up to a few of the most recent WhiskyCast epidsodes. As usual, "A job well-done!"

You certainly have a few scoops in Episode 86 to share with us. I particularly enjoyed the interview with Malcolm Waring, Distillery Manager of Old Pulteney. Armed with a staff of eleven, the Distillery is certainly doing a wonderful job. I found it surprising that they were just releasing the 17 and 21 yo into the American market. I am sure they will be making a number of new converts; without having tried the 21 yo, I have found the 17 yo quite lovely. The new bottling to keep an eye out for is the Peaty Pulteney. I don't know if I will ever have the opportunity to sample this, but I look forward to hearing comments when it is released. I would imagine it to be full of "character".

Thank you, again, Mark.

Kind regards,
Wendy
Wendy
Gold Member

Postby MGillespie » Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:43 am

Thanks, Wendy!

Mark
MGillespie
Double Gold Member

Postby Lawrence » Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:43 am

Hi Mark, just listened to E86 and really enjoyed it, especially the part about Old Pulteney. I've tried both the 17 and 21/1983 and thought they are both very good and rated both at 89 points. Happily I have a bottle of each at home, un opened. I also really enjoy the 12yo.

Lawrence
Lawrence
Matured cask

Postby MGillespie » Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:47 pm

Glad you enjoyed it, Lawrence!

Mark
MGillespie
Double Gold Member

Postby MGillespie » Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:35 am

By the way...more interviews from Whisky Live New York are now up in this week's episode, with Gerry Tosh from Highland Park, Ronnie Cox from The Glenrothes, and Evan Cattanach from the Classic Malts...as well as a really unusual rye whisky from Iowa...Templeton Rye!

Mark
MGillespie
Double Gold Member

Return to Whisky Live

Whisky gift and present finder