Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Ultra Rare 33-40 Year old SM, The Uisgebeatha Malt Whisky Co

Do you have a 50 year old vintage waiting to be discovered by a worthy collector? Post your details here and find out!
Forum rules
Please note items can not be offered for sale on this forum.

Ultra Rare 33-40 Year old SM, The Uisgebeatha Malt Whisky Co

Postby stoater » Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:31 am

Hello,

I am a Scotsman residing in Canada, I was given a Sealed Gold Decanter Full of Single Malt when I was 19 years old by an old Friend who is like a Granda to me, I am now 31 which makes the Whisky at least 33 years old I believe it to be 40, he worked in the Harrods wine department in Kensington, London, and is a lover of the water of life. I am looking to sell it and wondered if there may be any one out there that is interested in it, or if there may be a kind soul that could give me an idea as to what its worth, below is the description found on the bottom of the decanter:

Finest Porcelain Glazed Genuine Gold, Par Excellence Years 21 old single malt whisky, The Uisgebeatha Malt Whisky Company.

Here is a description a regular seller and collector of single malts gave me:

BORN in appx 1968 or 1969 and issued for sale in appx 1990 or 1991, an ultra rare collectible bottle the facility is no longer operational, a true authentic to enhance any astute collectors collection.

If I don't sell this locally I plan to sell it on eBay or give it to my parents when they come to visit and sell it in the U.K, and hope and pray that my dad does not drink it.

Thanks for any advice anyone has to offer.

Jonathan.
stoater

Re: Ultra Rare 33-40 Year old SM, The Uisgebeatha Malt Whisky Co

Postby Deactivated Member » Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:12 am

Alas, whisky doesn't age in the bottle. If it was 21 years old when it was bottled, it is still 21 years old today - and will be for ever more.
Deactivated Member

Postby corbuso » Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:02 pm

stoater wrote:Hello,

If I don't sell this locally I plan to sell it on eBay or give it to my parents when they come to visit and sell it in the U.K, and hope and pray that my dad does not drink it.

Thanks for any advice anyone has to offer.

Jonathan.

You might be disappointed, but I don't think that you will be able to sell your bottle for over £40-50.
If this was a single malt with the name of the distillery and bottled by the distiller, it might have worth much more...
corbuso
Gold Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:54 pm

McTears sold one in 2001 for £100.
Deactivated Member

Postby stoater » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:18 pm

Thank you everyone, for your replies, I think the only solution then and most enjoyable would be to share it with some pals.
stoater

Postby UUNetBill » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:16 pm

THAT'S the spirit!! :dead:

(No pun intended.)
UUNetBill
Silver Member

Location: Colorado Springs, CO, USA - at the foot of Pikes Peak!

Return to Collector's Corner

Whisky gift and present finder