Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Scott's Selection 1975 Glenlivet

Do you have a 50 year old vintage waiting to be discovered by a worthy collector? Post your details here and find out!
Forum rules
Please note items can not be offered for sale on this forum.

Scott's Selection 1975 Glenlivet

Postby Hamster612 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:26 am

I am a new member and have not been collecting scotch for very long. I was drinking a very nice 2003 Pinot Noir with a friend recently and he pulled out a bottle of Scott's Selection 1975 Glenlivet that he got from his father's estate. He is not a scotch drinker and is not really interested, so I volunteered to find out more about the bottle and what it might be worth in US Dollars.

The label says.....Distilled in 1975, Bottled in 2000, Cask strength, 55%abv. The label says nothing at all about the nature of the aging (bourbon or sherry cask). The bottle is in a red hinged box with a clear front panel.

If anyone has any information they will share, I would be most appreciative!
Hamster612

Re: Scott's Selection 1975 Glenlivet

Postby corbuso » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:54 am

Hamster612 wrote:I am a new member and have not been collecting scotch for very long. I was drinking a very nice 2003 Pinot Noir with a friend recently and he pulled out a bottle of Scott's Selection 1975 Glenlivet that he got from his father's estate. He is not a scotch drinker and is not really interested, so I volunteered to find out more about the bottle and what it might be worth in US Dollars.

The label says.....Distilled in 1975, Bottled in 2000, Cask strength, 55%abv. The label says nothing at all about the nature of the aging (bourbon or sherry cask). The bottle is in a red hinged box with a clear front panel.

If anyone has any information they will share, I would be most appreciative!

It can still be found occasionally in some shops in Europe for the equivalent of 150-170 US$. Scott' selection is usually bottling good products although is not so well known

Corbuso
http://www.whisky-news.com
corbuso
Gold Member

Re: Scott's Selection 1975 Glenlivet

Postby Ganga » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:28 pm

I remember seeing this one for about $120 originally. The places I shop have since sold out over the last 7 years. If I can find it retail, I would expect to see it between $140 and 180.

If the whisky was to be placed on ebay, I would expect the bottle to sell between about $120 and 160. Most independent bottles do not develop much of a premium unless there becomes a buzz about that particular bottling.
Ganga
Matured cask

Return to Collector's Corner

Whisky gift and present finder