Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Question about Midleton Very Rare Irish Whiskey- 1998

Do you have a 50 year old vintage waiting to be discovered by a worthy collector? Post your details here and find out!
Forum rules
Please note items can not be offered for sale on this forum.
Related whiskies : Midleton Very Rare

Question about Midleton Very Rare Irish Whiskey- 1998

Postby rush » Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:43 pm

Hello- I am not sure about where to find info in the US on this but found this website and thought I'd give it a try. I was given by my employer a bottle of Midleton very rare whiskey in it's orignal wooden box(free from any damage) including all documents on the inside. It's year is 1998. I was going to just give it away for a Christmas gift because I don't even drink whiskey until a friend told me to look it up online because it looks so much nicer and is in the wooden box. I see that it is worth way more than I realized(so I decided not to just give it away- sorry Ken!)My question is where do people sell rare whiskey in the US? I did get a response a while back from a company in England that said they would buy it if I wanted to ship it that far, but surely there are collectors here as well, no? If anyone wants to share info on where I can find an interested buyer, I would be very thankful!
rush

Re: Question about Midleton Very Rare Irish Whiskey- 1998

Postby Aidan » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:16 pm

I don't know where you'd sell it in the US, but a lot of them go for sale on eBay. The 1998 could go for between 200 euro and 300 euro - I'm not sure what that is in dollars right now.
Aidan
Cask Strength Gold Member

Related whiskies : Midleton Very Rare

Return to Collector's Corner

Whisky gift and present finder