Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Dalmore 12 yr

Your tastes and our tastes are discussed here, so make sure you share your pleasures with us.

Dalmore 12 yr

Postby shulaw05 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:17 am

I was drinking some Dalmore 12 yr this afternoon (which I was happy to find at a local liquor store in Ill, it is very hard to find here now) and noted a new nose/taste. don't know how to describe it other than to say it was similar to chinese tea (the kind of stuff you get at the resturants). anyone else smell/taste that?
shulaw05
Bronze Member

Re: Dalmore 12 yr

Postby The Third Dram » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:03 am

There are definite spice notes as well as traces of smoke in the Dalmore 12YO that intertwine nicely with the Sherry enhanced fruit (I get predominantly orange and orange zest as regards the latter). Perhaps this is what you're alluding to?
The Third Dram
Triple Gold Member

Postby shulaw05 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:10 am

maybe - describing what you smell/taste is difficult, considering you can only do it in relation to foods/smells/tastes that you know. i definitley notice the fruit (cherry/dates) and sherry notes as well. but i never noticed this tea like aroma before. perhaps my nose is evolving...
shulaw05
Bronze Member

Postby Novice Scotch Fan » Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:08 am

shulaw05 wrote:I was drinking some Dalmore 12 yr this afternoon (which I was happy to find at a local liquor store in Ill, it is very hard to find here now) and noted a new nose/taste. don't know how to describe it other than to say it was similar to chinese tea (the kind of stuff you get at the resturants). anyone else smell/taste that?

Shulaw05, you couldn't have chosen better words. I pick up that chinese green tea taste and must say I dont like it. Overall, I was disappointed with it and would not buy it again.
Novice Scotch Fan
Gold Member

Postby shulaw05 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:16 pm

i actually like the green tea flavor (i like pretty much all tea), so that doesn't bother me. but, to each their own...i'm just happy i'm not the only person to pick up on it.
shulaw05
Bronze Member

Postby Gov » Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:57 am

The next time I crack open one of my Dalmores I have bunkered away, I will look for the green tea notes :P
Gov
Gold Member

Return to Whisky Tastings

Whisky gift and present finder