Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Talisker 18 in the United States?

All your whisky related questions answered here.
Related whiskies : Talisker 18 Years Old

Talisker 18 in the United States?

Postby jhershauer » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:59 pm

Hi everybody,
Talisker 18 is my favorite whisky so far (many still to try). I have an open bottle, as well as a closed bottle waiting in my cupboard. However, when I bought that backup bottle, I discovered that here in Arizona, there only seem to be a couple of bottles left (I checked a LOT of liquor stores). All of the stores are saying that they don't know when they'll be able to get more.

K&L Wines online has like 5 bottles left (but can't ship spirits to AZ), and their web site says Tali 18 is going away! [at least for the U.S.]

Has anybody here heard any specifics about what is going on with Talisker 18? Are they going to stop shipping to North America for good? Is this temporary? What about availability in other states?

I thought perhaps somebody here has done some additional research on this, and any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeff
jhershauer
Silver Member

Re: Talisker 18 in the United States?

Postby jhershauer » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:26 pm

Thanks for the feedback. I did do quite a bit of Google searching on this topic, and found some threads about Diageo pulling whole lines out of Canada, but haven't found any specifics about supply to other countries.
jhershauer
Silver Member

Postby ResIpsa539 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:28 pm

I used to have no problem getting this. But recently...it's disappeared. I'm told that more is coming in soon...but I'm not holding my breath...
ResIpsa539
Bronze Member

Postby Gov » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:22 am

Glad I have a bottle tucked away. When I do open it, it will be my first taste of the 18. Love the 10!!
Gov
Gold Member

Postby AZmalt » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:54 am

Arizona is a strange state when it comes to distribution. Often we get nothing when it comes to distribution of rare items, sometimes there is a long lag compared to a product's appearance in other states, and sometimes retired bottles can appear on shelves because the distribution clowns didn't know what they had. The spirits market here is a total joke.

But on the whole I like living in Arizona! :coffee:
AZmalt

Related whiskies : Talisker 18 Years Old

Return to Questions & Answers

Whisky gift and present finder