Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Ballantine's 17

All your whisky related questions answered here.
Related whiskies : Ballantine's 17 Years Old

Ballantine's 17

Postby v1p » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:47 am

What do you think about?
v1p

Re: Ballantine's 17

Postby Deactivated Member » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:05 am

A very knowledgeable acquaintance of mine raves about this. Blends are not my thing, but having tasted it, I think I understand--it has wonderful complexity and balance. It's the best blend I've tried, and I confess I'm tempted to buy a bottle.
Deactivated Member

Postby Novice Scotch Fan » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:19 pm

Unlike others on here, I am a big blend fan. Its very, very good. Definitely one of the best or the best blend available. You will not be disappointed.
Novice Scotch Fan
Gold Member

Postby jmrl » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:52 pm

I tasted a few years ago and I loved it. Never understood why its not higher profile.
jmrl
Gold Member

Postby v1p » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:29 pm

Novice Scotch Fan

BTW, I'm drinking Teacher's right now and I think it's not so good. It's pleasant, not bad at all, but pretty short finish.
v1p

Postby Novice Scotch Fan » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:07 am

Well, if you don't like Teachers that much, my recommendation for Ballantines 17 is drawn into question from your perspective as one's likes and dislikes are necessarily subjective. I also like Royal Salute 21yr old probably a little more than the Ballantines 17.

You probably should determine what sort of flavour profile you would like to obtain and then seek out the opinions of others who share the same view.

As for the short finish to Teachers, remember the price you are paying. You want a long finish, it can be had, usually at an unreasonable price. In my humble opinion, Teachers offers the best value for money of any scotch on the market.
Novice Scotch Fan
Gold Member

Postby leomavs » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:05 pm

Novice Scotch Fan wrote:Well, if you don't like Teachers that much, my recommendation for Ballantines 17 is drawn into question from your perspective as one's likes and dislikes are necessarily subjective. I also like Royal Salute 21yr old probably a little more than the Ballantines 17.

You probably should determine what sort of flavour profile you would like to obtain and then seek out the opinions of others who share the same view.

As for the short finish to Teachers, remember the price you are paying. You want a long finish, it can be had, usually at an unreasonable price. In my humble opinion, Teachers offers the best value for money of any scotch on the market.

i agree.teachers and black label to me is the best price.
leomavs

Postby Pipe and dram » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:08 pm

This a quality whisky that has been around since the 1930's - go for it

Slainte
Pipe and dram

Related whiskies : Ballantine's 17 Years Old

Return to Questions & Answers

Whisky gift and present finder