Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

dramtastic-I freaking love you man!!!!

General chat and talk about whisky.

dramtastic-I freaking love you man!!!!

Postby blacksabb » Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:17 am

I just wanted to say thanks sooooo....much for the great tip on Vintage Cellars! I'm off tomorrow to buy:

Lagavulin 16yrs
Highland Park 12yrs
Talisker 10yrs

And maybe one more. If I do, it'll be a sherry whisky to balance out the others, Macallan 12yrs if it's in store. The Lagavulin will be $35 cheaper than at my regular store with that special offer, the Talisker about $15 and Highland Park about $20. I just can't pass up an offer like that.

I must confess that when you first told me about this offer, I was so excited and quickly looked it up on the net. But my excitement soon turned to disappointment as I couldn't find any of those whiskies on their stock list. My wife kept saying that the online list wouldn't be indicative of every store, but I wouldn't believe her. Whilst I was at work today, she rang up the nearest store to us, and presto! The Lagavulin, Highland Park and Talisker were all there. And she got the staff to hold those 3 bottles until I come in tomorrow.

My goodness, the Highland Park will be only about $16 more than a Johnnie Walker Red Label, at most liquor stores! That's saying something. So I must keep looking out for these types of specials.

My wife is worried :o that I'm expressing love for another dude, but hey, any dude that puts me onto Lagavulin 16yrs for just $80 instead of the usual $105-110 is worthy of it. So a special thanks to you and to my darling wife.

As I'm new to single malt whisky buying, can you or others recommend other good places to buy whisky in Australia? Specifically New South Wales.
blacksabb
Silver Member

Re: dramtastic-I freaking love you man!!!!

Postby adogranonthepitch » Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:15 pm

the love is felt round the globe

welcome to the world of whisky ... it beets chasin' women ... but gets in in trouble with your mrs ... just not as much though ....
adogranonthepitch
Gold Member

Postby dramtastic » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:04 am

Ahhhhhhhhh back at ya big fella......................I think.

Anyway you seemed to be pi..ed of about something elsewhere on the forum, so you may not get this message.

But, here is an online liquor outlet that was recommended to be by a couple of other Aussies members.

http://www.nicks.com.au/index.aspx?

They won't necessarily have many specials but this site will expand your whisky buying opportunities. Free delivery anywhere in Australia if you spend $200 dollars or more. There is another online store called the odd whisky coy that has a fair range, but their prices are a bit over the top. Happy hunting.

A big man hug to ya

Dramtastic
dramtastic
Cask Strength Gold Member

Postby kyorke1 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:27 am

:lol: Get a room! :P
kyorke1
Silver Member

Postby LagaDrinker » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:32 pm

kyorke1 wrote::lol: Get a room! :P

:lol:
LagaDrinker
Gold Member

Postby blacksabb » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:24 am

dramtastic wrote:Ahhhhhhhhh back at ya big fella......................I think.

Anyway you seemed to be pi..ed of about something elsewhere on the forum, so you may not get this message.

But, here is an online liquor outlet that was recommended to be by a couple of other Aussies members.

http://www.nicks.com.au/index.aspx?

They won't necessarily have many specials but this site will expand your whisky buying opportunities. Free delivery anywhere in Australia if you spend $200 dollars or more. There is another online store called the odd whisky coy that has a fair range, but their prices are a bit over the top. Happy hunting.

A big man hug to ya

Dramtastic

Well, I wondered what happened to this thread. And now I know. I'm sorry, I just jumped to conclusions. But thanks again.

kyorke1 wrote: Get a room!

Hahaha.
blacksabb
Silver Member

Return to Whisky Chat

Whisky gift and present finder