Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Laphroaig 18 Year Old release date?

All your whisky related questions answered here.
Related whiskies : Laphroaig 18 Years Old

Laphroaig 18 Year Old release date?

Postby qhodgson » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:24 pm

John Campbell's email to the friends of Laphroiag earlier this month announced the phasing out of the 15 year old and the introduction of a new 18 year old. I haven't seen anything about when this release will happen or when it will be available in the US. Does anyone have information on this?
qhodgson

Re: Laphroaig 18 Year Old release date?

Postby Minnesota Malt » Wed May 20, 2009 5:53 pm

I have been wondering the same thing. I search the web about once a week to see if there has been any new updates, but still nothing. Maybe there will be an update in next month's letter from John Cambell. :?
Minnesota Malt
Bronze Member

Postby lockejn » Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:24 pm

Any further information on this? My local shops still have a fair supply of the 15y. I'd like to buy one before they're gone, but I'm not ready to do it now unless I need to.

ETA: If they're determined to drop an expression, I think they ought to lose one of the 10y. 8y is a huge difference in age and likely to translate to a huge difference in price - leaving a big hole in their lineup, I think.
lockejn
Triple Gold Member

Postby Caledonia » Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:23 pm

lockejn wrote:Any further information on this? My local shops still have a fair supply of the 15y. I'd like to buy one before they're gone, but I'm not ready to do it now unless I need to.

ETA: If they're determined to drop an expression, I think they ought to lose one of the 10y. 8y is a huge difference in age and likely to translate to a huge difference in price - leaving a big hole in their lineup, I think.

Shouldnt be long now...been released over here for a few months.
Caledonia
Bronze Member

Related whiskies : Laphroaig 18 Years Old

Return to Questions & Answers

Whisky gift and present finder